Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The people in my Uni cohort are organising some kind of graduation ball at the end of this year. I don't really want to go, but if I did I'd feel lame/embarrassed going alone.

I don't really have anyone that I could ask go with me, lol.

So, is it lame?

·
Bleep blorp blop bip boop
3,947 Posts
I have actually thought about doing this before. Beats begging/nagging somebody to go only to have them turn me down anyways and never talk to me again.

The problem is, you'd probably have to act a little bit. Like pretend you know each other at least somewhat. And it might be awkward at times.

And yes, it is lame. But whether or not it is lamer than being the only single person at an event? I don't know. I have ALWAYS been the only single dude at an event, so I think it has turned into 'my thing'. I think people would be shocked to see me any other way.

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,372 Posts
is no one else going single? I went to a 'ball' at uni once with a group of people and most of them were single and without dates (though there were other things going on as well as being a dance.) I don't get the focus on dates for these things in some places..

It's up to you but I wouldn't do that personally, not because it's lame but because it should be fine to go to one of these things alone.

aw I miss uni.

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
you mean like pay someone to go with you? yes that would be really stupid and youd be wasting your money

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
It's your money and I don't think that even the most hardcore social justice warrior could ever argue that paying a woman to go to a ball with you is any sort of exploitation.

If it saves you from an uncomfortable situation and you don't have any other options, then why not?

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hooray! apparently it is just for the students, no + guest. I wasn't really planning on going, but if I do that fact helps immensely.

Thanks for the responses everyone! :)

·
computer says no
605 Posts
I hired a girl to join me at an rotc party our school had. Paid her $500 for the 3 hour party. It was not a total failure because no one figured it out.

*i dont dance and would never put someone threw that. After she shook everyone’s hand and when the dinner was complete she was free to dance with other men while i sat at the table.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts