Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day someone was talking about a negative situiation in their life (not SA related) and they said, "well, what's the worst that can I happen...I'll die?" This seemed to hit me in a strange way, it was actually quite liberating. Sometimes, my SA causes me to fear so much and I really must ask myself, "what's the worst that can happen?"

Just a thought I would like to throw out there:)

·
Banned
227 Posts
That's an interesting point. The worst that can happen is probably a few strange glances towards our direction, but to me that's unbearable for some reason. In the moment of anxiety, the matter at hand is usually blown so far out of proportion (un-intentionally), that such positive thinking is literally useless and uncontrollable.

·
Doing my best
301 Posts
people will tell me (and i think this myself as well) "what's the worst that can happen? they'll say no."

i'm so deathly afraid of that two letter word. i don't think it's the initial shock of the rejection that bothers me so much as the thought of having to walk away after someone says no to me. so crazy.

i usually tell myself "the worst that can happen is i'll back out and continue to be my miserable self." sometimes that's motivating and sometimes it's comforting.

·
P4
1,238 Posts
"I'm so embaressed, I'll die!"

I guess the truth is being embaressed feels worse than being dead, because you feel nothing if you're dead right? :/

I think most of us act under the assumption that we don't die XD that's why we can't act? Still... I do see your point and I'll think about this next time I'm anxious in front of people.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Its true, also its my be helpful to realise that what ever happens, you will always overcome it.
People go true very bad situations like, disease , accidents. People are so strong, they will always overcome and go on what ever happens.

(something I say to myself)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The worst that can happen is that you will get in an extremely humilating social situation that will debilitate you to the point where you can't leave the house because your mind is constantly playing the event over and over again in your head.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The worst that can happen is that you will get in an extremely humilating social situation that will debilitate you to the point where you can't leave the house because your mind is constantly playing the event over and over again in your head.
and that's exactly correct, isn't it? For me, it was. So maybe the answer is just to get toughened up somewhat, to live through it and then sidestep and find small victories along the way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts