Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it sounds weird to be worried about this in the US. But I posted something about Jesus on my facebook status, now I'm worried that I'm worried that someone's gonna be trying to get me. Believe me, I know this know this fear sounds weird. I'm really starting to think a mix bordom and things that are going on right now are starting to take a major toll on my anxeity..

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
do you have any reason to believe someone will hurt you, other than that gut feeling?

i can assure you it sounds like there isn't any reason someone would hurt you because of expressing your christian beliefs. some maybe disagree with it but no one would actively try to harm you because of that, especially i assume not someone you have on your friends list.

have you seen someone about these fears/worries you have? talking to a therapist might help a lot. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
You probably have the same odds of being injured as you had of being hurt the last time you mentioned something like this, or the last time you thought you'd get HIV, or the last time you thought you had gotten tetanus. Can you see a trend?

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Hey, if you die, you'll just go to heaven, so what's the problem?

But seriously though, you need to find help now. These obsessive paranoid thoughts will be very harmful if you don't address them ASAP. It's very possible to break free from this, but you have to take the first step.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
I know it sounds weird to be worried about this in the US. But I posted something about Jesus on my facebook status, now I'm worried that I'm worried that someone's gonna be trying to get me. Believe me, I know this know this fear sounds weird. I'm really starting to think a mix bordom and things that are going on right now are starting to take a major toll on my anxeity..
Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me. Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Also, if you want to avoid that fear altogether, you could start practicing the lifestyle that Jesus taught, without actually telling anyone that you are a Christian.

From a statistical perspective though; I haven't heard of many people being killed for claiming to be a Christian.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Why do you think someone will get you because you wrote something about Jesus? I guess I am not exactly sure why someone would want to come after you for writing on your wall? Maybe you need to talk to someone or maybe even talk to God about it.

Shy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Do you have reason to think that someone is going to "get you" for mentioning Jesus? That someone wants to cause you physical harm for that? As you said, especially in the US I can't imagine there being a person that would go into a homicidal rage because you let it known you're Christian.

·
Banned
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You probably have the same odds of being injured as you had of being hurt the last time you mentioned something like this, or the last time you thought you'd get HIV, or the last time you thought you had gotten tetanus. Can you see a trend?
Yeah, I have OCD, GAD, and Social Anxiety Disorder.

·
Registered
262 Posts
If you live in America i wouldnt worry about it cause America is a christian country. Just dont travel to certain parts of the middle east where that might be a problem. The odds of you facing a persecution in the US is probably one in a million.

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
Honestly, i dont see any hatred towards religious people unless religious people push their agendas on others. Outside of that, I dont think anyone cares if you have different beliefs

·
Registered
258 Posts
Why was this person Permanently Banned?....Or did they get him?

·
Retired Enforcer
19,108 Posts
Troll

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.