Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I was wondering how many of you work retail and hate your job like me. My anxiety is 10 times worse when Im there. I shake uncontrollably and feel like an evil monster. Itry and use positive self talk. When Im home Im completely calm..I feel like my whole shift is one big panic attack and I feel like Im dying and cant breathe. have to go into work from 3-10. Wish me luck today....

·
Banned
9 Posts
you may be better getting a job that doesnt involve dealing with the public
or an antidepressant med may help by reducing anxiety if you can find 1 that works for you

·
Registered
431 Posts
I've done more working with the public than was healthy for me. And it was really, really tough for me as well. Even though it was part-time...just the environment itself. And there's been soo many people telling me when I've mentioned that I'm looking for a job, "Well, why don't you go work at a store?" Uh, :hide :hide :mum .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Some days I really wish I could stay home and not go into work. Some days at work it's really hard for me to get into a positive spirit when having to deal with customers. But then I tell myself that it's not all bad, things could be a lot worse and you have such day off to look forward to, so hang in there, Friday will be coming soon!

·
Registered
46 Posts
i resolved to never work another job where i have to sell something to a customer...luckily i haven't for six years...six wonderful years

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Retail was definitely not for me ,and anyone who works with the public like that I give alot of credit to because it is not easy. It is so hard to make everyone happy, so why even try.

·
Registered
156 Posts
i work at a skateshop by myself so i always have to help alot of people and it sucks. i always feel like i should be trying to talk to them because its really awkward when its quiet but i never know what to say. i worked 4th of july and only 5 people came in all day. i got paid to watch movies by myself. :banana

·
Registered
22 Posts
I work retail. It's not as bad as I thought it would be but I hope I can find something else before the year is out. I am constantly nervous while I'm there and on my way there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts