Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does exercise reduce anxiety?? I haven't exercised in years, and I'm considering starting a workout program or joining a gym or something because I have a lot of time on my hands. But only if it will help me feel significantly less anxiety throughout the day. I could care less about weight loss and health and whatnot. Has exercise helped your anxiety, whether SA or just general anxiety?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Definetly go for it, i notice significant change in mood after i workout out, which takes me about 30 minutes to get the endorphine effect.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
working out helps me alot. i feel good after a work out. i lift weights 4 times a week and run 2 times a week. my anciety has improved a little. the best thing for anxiety is running i think. i read something about it somewere.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
yes, it helps both with my anxiety and depression. Of course the bad part, for myself, is that depression and anxiety make it tough to keep a constant routine going.

·
Banned
6,267 Posts
Nae said:
yes, it helps both with my anxiety and depression. Of course the bad part, for myself, is that depression and anxiety make it tough to keep a constant routine going.
i know waht you mean. i was like that too. it was hard to keep a constant routine going. but i kept it up and now i work out 5 to 6 days a week. theres weeks were i only work out 1 or 2 cuz my axiety and depression is bad.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nae said:
Yeah, it seems every time I get a steady routine going I get depressed and or anxious and mess everything up. So I never really gain anything from working out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts