Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have been working on this big solo presentation I need to do for my job. The date of the presentation is in mid-April.

Normally, in the past, I have built up things to be so big and think these majestic things that will come out of me doing it. Yet, I don't get started until the last minute. Then I find myself feeling let down and upset knowing that it won't turn out as good as I had envisioned it in my mind.

So this time I started working on the presentation in pieces. In late February, I started researching; in mid-March I started doing the powerpoint. As of tonight, I have all of my references, an outline and powerpoint is half done.

I cannot tell you the relief I feel. I think I finally "get it" now that real things in life are built over time. I used to think that the most gifted people in this world didn't have to plan and were brilliant in one burst and it was all done. I'm not saying my presentation is brilliant but it will be strong with a foundation because I am taking the time to build it.

Plus, my attention span is only good for five hours. After that, my brain turns to oatmeal!

Maybe this is a good metaphor to use with other aspects of life?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts