Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really really want to know what people here think about this!
Has anyone tried it?

I'm thinking of it as a temporary solution for getting back into the workforce so as not to overwhelm myself but to gently get re-acquainted with work ethics and earn money as wel, and volunteering meanwhile. For starters I'm doing research at this site: http://workaholics4hire.com/ It's got wonderful FAQ about telecommuting, as well as FAQ of common scams: http://workaholics4hire.com/faq_telecom ... -scams.htm

Also, this site is filled to the brim with info: http://www.wahm.com , even though it's for stay at home moms :b

Anyway, I'd love to read others' opinions! So much here has been discussed about average jobs, but nothing about this option. that's it... :)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Yep, yep, had a small ebay business.......For me it worked very, very well......I'm not longer doing this.......Infringment rights (I thought I could legally sell anything I bought and had a recept to, wrong;-D)

If you have unwanted items, you would be surprised at the amount of money you can make, especially as supplimental.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hema said:
Yep, yep, had a small ebay business.......For me it worked very, very well......I'm not longer doing this.......Infringment rights (I thought I could legally sell anything I bought and had a recept to, wrong;-D)
Really. :? I thought the same way. I figured that once you bought something, no matter what quanity, you could do what you want with it. If not, businesses like Sam's Club and BJ's Wholesale wouldn't be any use to small businesses. huh?

·
Shauna The Dead
6,389 Posts
I tried one of those telemarketing work at home things once, and I didn't make hardly any money at all in a month, so I had to quit...they lied to me; it was a complete scam. :sigh They told me I'd get paid based on HOW MANY CALLS I made, but in reality it was that you got paid for how many people actually signed up for the service. :mum I wish I could find a work at home job that actually paid what they promise to pay!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I review websites for various firms part time. I've been at this since last June, and now make about $150 per month. Obviously, you won't get rich doing this. But the work is really easy. If you want more information, PM me or send an email to [email protected] :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
I work from home most of the time and then contract myself out to Accountempts periodically. I do bookkeeping from home. I love it!
I take gardening breaks!

If you can find a way to work from home be sure you fit in some socializing (I have coffee with my clients, have entrepreneur support groups, and network) otherwise with SA there is a risk you could become agraphobic.

I am a totally different person now that i do this - I get to fire clients that I can't get along with ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts