Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
After my day today, I'd say no. I wouldn't exactly go the route of a job that is completely without talking to people though. At least have the option of the exposure, or you'll find yourself feeling lonely and isolated - that's the only thing as bad as fear of social situations, in my book.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I feel the same way about work. I have social anxiety and i unfortunately work at a Walmart. :( Ive been there for a few years now (although not sure how ive managed). I have called out before to avoid people. I also dislike most of the people there and im ready to leave and find something new but ive been there so long im actually very nervous about finding a new job. I feel stuck. anxiety sucks. what kind of place do you work at?

·
"Individual lil ditty"
46 Posts
I have had a pattern where I w0rk f0r awhile... get b0red, anxi0us and just plain tired 0f it s0 I quit w0rking t0tally f0r several m0nths at a time. It's always gravy if y0u enj0y y0ur j0b, but the hard facts are my bills d0n't pay themselves and m0ney has yet t0 gr0w 0n my trees s0 I have t0 return t0 work again. I must say, alth0ugh s0metimes I w0uld like t0 N0t work, I find it's better f0r me 0r I just sit at h0me with my mind and start getting m0re depressed. Yeah I just had my h0urs cut at w0rk but y0u kn0w what? I am super blessed in these" ec0n0mic times" s0 t0 speak, t0 be empl0yed!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I admire you as well as me who have anxiety problems, but nevertheless able to work out. Although it is extremely difficult.

Then look well compensation systems differ depending out of country you are living in.

To me that is sick (been in several years), it is tough to be a burden on the health insurance system.

I have tried so many get it to work, now it was a few years ago and it ended in a psychiatric clinic, so this is not something you want to relive;)

But I am a little raised in such a way that "it is going to do its part" (do not know if the word is recognized).

Since the same time in these financial crisis times now, so if there are difficulties for individuals without difficulties, however, this will be for individuals with mental health difficulties?

Since I understand where the majority of users here are living in the U.S. so it seems in any case, it was what was presented at the lessons as "the terrible USA" and its principles around this with welfare. But it is that rumors are so huge many areas, so you know not exactly how things work in reality.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.