Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to go to a meeting at work tomorrow and im freaking out. Its at another location so i dont know who is going to be there...if i will even know anyone or how many people. Its almost 4 damn hours long! It just so happens that i have my first appointment with a head doctor on Wednesday so im thinking if i freak out and have to leave the meeting the doctor can give me a note. You think? Im not even sure if i will be able to walk into the building :( Any advice?

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Just go to the meeting. You're probably like me and think everybody's watching you for the slightest symptoms of nervousness so that they can laugh at you later, when really they are focused on themselves and their own agendas.

Whereas politicians need the skin of a rhinoceros to make it through a sea of negativity, I think SAS people need armor plating.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually thats not it all...its just physical symptoms take over and i cant handle it. Im not even thinking about the other people..im thinking about myself. 4 hours of a fast heart beat, not being able to breath, face red and numb, and feelings of unreality is just too much for me. :(

·
More Than This
181 Posts
Sorry, we're too anxious to respond to you.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I find trying to sit at the back of a room helpful, or against a wall. I think it helps ground me so I'm not in the middle of it all. Desk meeting are a different ball game, I'd try to take notes, this will make it look like you are attentive/studious but it could also focus your mind a bit on a task.

I'm a blusher as well and theres nothing worse than getting into your own head and becoming self conscious.

(maybe I'm a bit late with the advice)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts