Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a hard time right now at work for several reasons. I'm in a "supervisory" position. And I put it in quotes because it's a gray area. It's hard to explain. Anyway it's a new position for me and each day is a learning experience.

Also the job thus far has required many meetings and trainings and I find myself in situations that test my comfort level. So perhaps the struggle is really a question of whether or not I continue to grow and develop my skills or do I hide and regress? On many days I want to hide and quite often I second guess myself.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I really give you credit for taking on the challenge of a supervisory position. That takes alot of courage...truthfully I've backed away from a couple of supervisory opportunities out of fear and lack of confidence.

Are you interested in the job? If so, then hang in there if you can...things will probably feel more comfortable with time. On the other hand, if you find that you have little interest in the job and it's just not your thing maybe you could look at doing something else. In terms of feeling like you want to hide and second guessing yourself I can completely relate...I struggle with that all the time!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I absolutely love my job. Earlier this week I was in a meeting with my direct coworkers and my supervisors. I felt very uncomfortable as I don't do well with conflict, or what I perceive to be conflict. I beat myself up afterward. However, the following day I got some positive feedback from a coworker at the meeting as well as from my supervisor. Getting the positive feedback really helped put things in perspective and did a great deal to improve my self confidence.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts