·
Buried at Sea
5,104 Posts
I wear headphones.

And throw things.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
just ignore them and they'll leave you out of it. and dont take sides when someone gossips to you

·
Hiding in my basement
347 Posts
I just go in, keep my mouth shut, do my job and leave. Unless someone one asks me a work related question, my respones is yes, no, or just a grunt. Keep it up long enough and eveyone will learn to ignore you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I usually just ignore it.

It sucks cause I'm kind of easy to pick on. So ive been told... ?

I'm just very passive, and sweet. So in the workplace especially, i get randomly teased or talked about. I don't care much anymore though, just like at the end of high school. I was a loner also :p lol

But honestly, I like myself and the positive things in my life.... so why should I let so many negatives bring me down ?

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
A long time ago I tried having a job at a place where a lot of college kids worked, and the way I coped was I quit. It really was ridiculous and felt like high school like you said. The worst part was that I smoked then and there was only one place that was practical to go to outside and smoke, so I would have to stand around everyone else trying to pretend like I wasn't listening to them. An ipod probably would have come in handy then.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I see it as life in general is like High School, drama never dies and to fight it will end up in disappointment. I just play my cards right and hope that I come out better than the rest.

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
I deal with it by collecting my paychecks.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts
it sounds bad but me and my co-worker who sits beside me just laugh at people all day long. not really anything about them, we just make up ridiculous things about them and ask them questions about it. they must think we are both insane so they don't really bother to include us in gossip.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
it sounds bad but me and my co-worker who sits beside me just laugh at people all day long. not really anything about them, we just make up ridiculous things about them and ask them questions about it. they must think we are both insane so they don't really bother to include us in gossip.
That would trigger my anxiety if somebody did that to me. It would feel like I was being made fun of.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Everybody loves to talk about everybody. Anytime someone wants to talk to me all they want to do is gossip but I don't want to participate in fear that it will go around that I said something. At work people will suck up to you and smile to your face but 2 minutes later talk crap behind your back. And I thought people at work were mature.......

A lady brought in her new born baby recently and everyone said "aww she's so cute" but as soon as she left they called the baby ugly and her husband a "dead beat dad". What?

·
Registered
210 Posts
These people are simply nasty. I wouldn't get involved with them as they're two-faced.

·
Registered
10,521 Posts
I go to work, do my work, keep my mouth shut, and count down the minutes until quitting time. Then when it is quitting time I get the heck out of there.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I go to work, do my work, keep my mouth shut, and count down the minutes until quitting time. Then when it is quitting time I get the heck out of there.
I try to do that but when there's meetings or people crowd around my office I have no choice and always get sucked into the gossip.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well...document! document! document!

I wish I could go to work and keep my mouth shut and go home.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
I try to do that but when there's meetings or people crowd around my office I have no choice and always get sucked into the gossip.
you get sucked into gossip if you allow it. just listen, dont give any input and eventually people will get the hint that youre not interested. once you give your input on things then youve sucked yourself into the gossip

1 - 20 of 20 Posts