1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1bottle of moonshine john
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John here.

Just took first 15mg of nardil.

Feel panicky.

Had a piece of toast plain before hand and a coffee with soy milk. And cigarettes.

Plus water.

Last night had 250 tylenol and 15mg codeine.

Freaking out, checking bp every 2 mins. Right now its 107/57

Sweating and anxious. Heart rate 94. With a friend so if i need hospitalisation he can take me.

Anything to worry about?

John

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Anything to worry about?
No, but I doubt that will stop you from worrying. I bet your pulse would slow down a bit if you relaxed.

Now you can start worrying about when you have to raise the dose.:D

Or, we can hope, your confidence with Nardil will grow with each pill. You'll keep taking them and you'll keep finding that nothing bad happens and the worries will fade away.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Great job!

But I'd chill out on taking the BP/heart rate every two minutes. That seems like it might cause more problems than it will fix.

·
LEFT SAS
2,787 Posts
No, you'll be fine. I'm actually more concerned about the tylenol and codiene. I use to take aspirin on a regular basis for headaches. Now that I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, I no longer get daily headaches......but, your reason may be more serious.

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, but I doubt that will stop you from worrying. I bet your pulse would slow down a bit if you relaxed.

Now you can start worrying about when you have to raise the dose.:D

Or, we can hope, your confidence with Nardil will grow with each pill. You'll keep taking them and you'll keep finding that nothing bad happens and the worries will fade away.
I am freaking pretty bad but taking deep breaths. Have taken bp about 10 times in the last 30 mins. It has ranged from 107/57 ish to 144/80. I know panic can do this though. Heart rate still high.

Trying to relax. Just had a cigarette.

I think my mind is tricking me into feeling a headache. I cant tell if its real or not.

Had half a klono this morning, might have more. Even though im meant to be tapering off.

I hope u are right about the fears fading away after nothing bad happens. John is proud he finally took this step but his mind is full of terror and fear right now.

I raise the dose to 30mg after a week of 15. Then see how i go from there.

Doc said he wants me on 30mg ideally but i think this may be too low.

I await the side effects and guess ill deal with them as they come.

I cant do my college work right now in this state of fear.

Thanks for getting back to me , in this time of need. I thank u.

John

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great job!

But I'd chill out on taking the BP/heart rate every two minutes. That seems like it might cause more problems than it will fix.
Thank u lonely.

John feels happy he finally did it. But he is in a state of slight panic right now.

Cant do anything but sit here, still and quiet.

John suspects his bp monitor isnt as accurate as it could be.

John notices when he takes deep breaths his bp and heart rate goes down a little.

Freaking out,

Thanks for being there for john.

John

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No, you'll be fine. I'm actually more concerned about the tylenol and codiene. I use to take aspirin on a regular basis for headaches. Now that I eat plenty of fruits and vegetables, I no longer get daily headaches......but, your reason may be more serious.
Thank u for being there.

Why are u concerned about the tylenol and codeine?

John will not take anymore pain pills, he has been using them for about a week due to pain caused by the flu. John still isnt over his flu.

Why does drugs.com say that one should wait 14 days between codeine and nardil treatment? I thought codeine was fine with nardil?

Should john cut down his cigarettes and coffee now he has started nardil?

John is trying to relax but he cant.

John

·
LEFT SAS
2,787 Posts
I know that aspirin and codeine are hard on your liver. But, if you took it a few days just for the flu, then that's fine. If you're taking it daily, then you need to stop.

I don't know much about Nardil. I think you should cut down on cigarettes regardless. (eventually quit) That's really bad for your health. Cutting down on coffee would make you less anxious, but personally I'm unable to cut down.

If you're not eating healthy then you're going to feel worse. Try to eat 4-6 servings of fruits and vegetables.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Why does drugs.com say that one should wait 14 days between codeine and nardil treatment? I thought codeine was fine with nardil?
Codeine is fine with MAOIs.

·
Registered
115 Posts
haha, you are so damn ridiculous!

But, way to go! Impressed you took it.

However, CHILL out! Smoking and coffee both can increase heart rate and blood pressure. Not to mention you drive yourself absolute nuts and that increases it too.

You're fine. If someone had slipped this to you, you wouldn't know a damn difference. Unfortunately you can't really hide nardil in anything, that'd be quite obvious and nasty.

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Codeine is fine with MAOIs.
I predict that smoking kills you before Nardil does.
John hopes smoking is more likely to cause death than Nardil. As john doesnt fear cigarettes as much as he fears Nardil.

John thought that codeine was fine, John did know this. But in his paranoid state he double checked using the drug interactions checker on drugs.com -- and a severe warning was given.

This confuses John.

More updates to come. John is monitoring himself for signs of sero syndrome and hyp crisis. If john can live past the 3 hour mark he will do another update. John is in mid panic, not as bad as before. But johns body is doing weird things, like it always does, due to johns anxious nature.

John has never met anyone else who is as paranoid and hypochondriac as himself.

John wishes he could just calm down and forget about the Nardil and focus on his college homework. But this is not likely to occur.

John is starting his illustrated Nardil diaries tomorrow, so that is something to look forward to for everyone.

John feels terrible at the moment.

John

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
haha, you are so damn ridiculous!

But, way to go! Impressed you took it.

However, CHILL out! Smoking and coffee both can increase heart rate and blood pressure. Not to mention you drive yourself absolute nuts and that increases it too.

You're fine. If someone had slipped this to you, you wouldn't know a damn difference. Unfortunately you can't really hide nardil in anything, that'd be quite obvious and nasty.
Thank you,

John is trying to calm down but he cant.

John is possibly going to take more klonopin.

John hates this intense fear, he cannot help it. John is very unwell in the mind. John has been traumatised about death and illness since he was a child, seeing so much of it in his family. This may help explain johns ridiculous fears.

The Nardil smells horrible, but john didnt notice any taste from it.

John thinks you are right about the coffee and cigarettes. John must cut these down anyway.

Thank you

John

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know that aspirin and codeine are hard on your liver. But, if you took it a few days just for the flu, then that's fine. If you're taking it daily, then you need to stop.

I don't know much about Nardil. I think you should cut down on cigarettes regardless. (eventually quit) That's really bad for your health. Cutting down on coffee would make you less anxious, but personally I'm unable to cut down.

If you're not eating healthy then you're going to feel worse. Try to eat 4-6 servings of fruits and vegetables.
Is codeine and aspirin worse on your liver than Nardil?

John has about Nardil being liver toxic, although is it really any more so than alcohol?

John believes you are right when you say John should stop the codeine pills. John will not take anymore.

John will also attempt to cut down his cigarette and caffeine intake, for the sake of his overall health.

Johns diet isnt the best, maybe Nardil will force John to adopt a healthier diet?

Thanks ,

John

·
LEFT SAS
2,787 Posts
As someone who speaks from experience, you're using Nardil as an excuse not to do your homework. Procrastinators like myself always have great and convincing excuses that need to be immediately taken care of. Try to look at how you're acting objectively. Honestly, with all of your other issues, Nardil is the least of your worries. In fact, you're taking Nardil because of all of your other issues. Not doing your homework, not studying enough, only adds to these issues.

·
LEFT SAS
2,787 Posts
An unhealthy body will take it's toll on an unhealthy mind. You should eat healthy because you want to be the best person that you can be; both physically and mentally.

If you don't care enough about your health to eat better, then taking all the pills in the world won't help you.

From my experience, it takes six months to develop a healthy eating habit. I used to ONLY eat junk food i.e fast food, chips, cookies, etc. Start slow by introducing one serving of fruit and vegetable a day and build up to 4-6. But remember, everything in moderation. That doesn't mean you can't eat junk food from time to time.

And, try to stop drinking....

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As someone who speaks from experience, you're using Nardil as an excuse not to do your homework. Procrastinators like myself always have great and convincing excuses that need to be immediately taken care of. Try to look at how you're acting objectively. Honestly, with all of your other issues, Nardil is the least of your worries. In fact, you're taking Nardil because of all of your other issues. Not doing your homework, not studying enough, only adds to these issues.
An unhealthy body will take it's toll on an unhealthy mind. You should eat healthy because you want to be the best person that you can be; both physically and mentally.

If you don't care enough about your health to eat better, then taking all the pills in the world won't help you.

From my experience, it takes six months to develop a healthy eating habit. I used to ONLY eat junk food i.e fast food, chips, cookies, etc. Start slow by introducing one serving of fruit and vegetable a day and build up to 4-6. But remember, everything in moderation. That doesn't mean you can't eat junk food from time to time.

And, try to stop drinking....
John agrees with you. John has a gigantic procrastination problem that stems from OCD and ANXIETY. John understands he is illogical, but John is sitting here in fear. He cant shift his mind. He is trying but, John has a very severe condition. John is so scared right now.

John is about to cry, to be honest.

John wants to have a better life and John aspires to be healthy. John hasnt got the worst diet in the world, but its not as good as John would like. John doesnt get any exercise or sunlight, John gambles and drinks, John (used to) take too many benzos and pill killers. John spends all day on the computer. John is feeling absolutely terrible mind, body and spirit.

John believes that Nardil will help lift some of his anxiety and depression, which will pave the way for John to be happy enough to make better life choices, such as diet and exercise.

John predicts, if his Nardil works, that this will be the first good year of Johns life since he was a teenager.

John hates society and the eating trends and the evil corporations, so John cant wait to eat lots of fresh fruit and veg, and cut out all the toxic crap. John feels his lack of physical health contributes to his mental problems, as slowingimproving has already pointed out.

Thank you for being there for John,

John

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
John feels strange about being positive. John feels like this isnt himself.
John does not know of this positivity, John is curious to see what a positive Nardil induced John will be like.

John would like to remind everyone that the release of Johns illustrated Nardil Diary will go live on SAS tomorrow.

Thank you friends for everything, John wouldnt have been able to get through this without you.

John

·
Dvana
140 Posts
Hi John this is Dvana - there you go, I think you just meet someone who maybe as paranoid as you, I think many of us here are the same, also hypochondriacs - did you see my Nardil post, OMG. CONGRATULATIONS by the way, good for you on joining the Nardil club. With what you have been through lately take some time out to reward yourself for starting the medication. Seriously reward yourself somehow. I how that would mean leaving your BP machine - that would be good, as you may break it, I'm not joking, you will not get an accurate reading if you take your BP to often, it needs to rest. As for the benzos, I get pretty severe confusion on them after they leave my system, if you are the same I would not recommend taking them with Nardil, I used to love benzos but now they make things worse the next day/in the long term, if that is the same for you, I would not recommend taking them with Nardil.

I found in the first week or so of Nardil that I really did not feel like smoking, but of course I still did, now in week 4 or so, I absolutely love them, I also quit coffee for the first two weeks, but this drug makes me so tired and lazy, I already have an honors degree in tired and lazy so this side effect is difficult for me to handle. Also please remember that my sides are way more scary and debilitating to me then what they really are to the average person, because that is the way I roll, lol.
I am not sure if you feel anything at 15mg, I only did that for 3 days and I did not feel much of anything, then I jumped to 60mg on doctors orders. I have a horrible taste in my mouth all the time which started about a week ago, constipation - normally once a day now every 3 days, if your the same - do not force it to be like normal it will come eventually with no worries. I had some diarrhea also - I think panic related, dry mouth - started about a week ago, some like drunk intoxication feeling - gets worse as the day progresses, little bit of clumsiness and two occasions where i was so tired I could barely see, everything was out of focus, this occurred after really long days. Again please remember that like most side effects from medication these really are not much of a big deal. For me they are - probably also because I have been on some type of medication for over 20 years with only a couple of years break - side effects are all I really know and therefore are a big deal to me.

Can not help you are far as alcohol goes, I do not drink it.

Now you have started the drug the real hard work comes - changing your thoughts, behaviors, the drug may help but it it no where near enough, get help with that. Maybe therapy, also help to get outside in the real world - I am trying this as well.

So far at week four I believe the negative sides are higher then the positive effects of the drug. But it is still very early days yet. I have a little more confidence in social settings, not much, much more eye contact with people. Depression about the same. Not really much positives yet.

Anyways congrats again, please reward yourself, I look forward to reading your diary.

·
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi John this is Dvana - there you go, I think you just meet someone who maybe as paranoid as you, I think many of us here are the same, also hypochondriacs - did you see my Nardil post, OMG. CONGRATULATIONS by the way, good for you on joining the Nardil club. With what you have been through lately take some time out to reward yourself for starting the medication. Seriously reward yourself somehow. I how that would mean leaving your BP machine - that would be good, as you may break it, I'm not joking, you will not get an accurate reading if you take your BP to often, it needs to rest. As for the benzos, I get pretty severe confusion on them after they leave my system, if you are the same I would not recommend taking them with Nardil, I used to love benzos but now they make things worse the next day/in the long term, if that is the same for you, I would not recommend taking them with Nardil.

I found in the first week or so of Nardil that I really did not feel like smoking, but of course I still did, now in week 4 or so, I absolutely love them, I also quit coffee for the first two weeks, but this drug makes me so tired and lazy, I already have an honors degree in tired and lazy so this side effect is difficult for me to handle. Also please remember that my sides are way more scary and debilitating to me then what they really are to the average person, because that is the way I roll, lol.
I am not sure if you feel anything at 15mg, I only did that for 3 days and I did not feel much of anything, then I jumped to 60mg on doctors orders. I have a horrible taste in my mouth all the time which started about a week ago, constipation - normally once a day now every 3 days, if your the same - do not force it to be like normal it will come eventually with no worries. I had some diarrhea also - I think panic related, dry mouth - started about a week ago, some like drunk intoxication feeling - gets worse as the day progresses, little bit of clumsiness and two occasions where i was so tired I could barely see, everything was out of focus, this occurred after really long days. Again please remember that like most side effects from medication these really are not much of a big deal. For me they are - probably also because I have been on some type of medication for over 20 years with only a couple of years break - side effects are all I really know and therefore are a big deal to me.

Can not help you are far as alcohol goes, I do not drink it.

Now you have started the drug the real hard work comes - changing your thoughts, behaviors, the drug may help but it it no where near enough, get help with that. Maybe therapy, also help to get outside in the real world - I am trying this as well.

So far at week four I believe the negative sides are higher then the positive effects of the drug. But it is still very early days yet. I have a little more confidence in social settings, not much, much more eye contact with people. Depression about the same. Not really much positives yet.

Anyways congrats again, please reward yourself, I look forward to reading your diary.
Thank you so much dvana.

Ive left you some messages around the place.

Really appreciate the time you took to post this to help John.

John very much appreciates the advice and the heads up about how Nardil has worked for you so far -- very helpful.

John will check out your first post, but its nice to meet another hypochondriac, hehe :) You must really understand the fear John feels. Thank you for encouraging John, John will try his best to apply your advice to his troubled daily life.

Thank you for your support and kindness through one of Johns hardest times.

Keep in touch,

Yours truly,
John

1 - 20 of 22 Posts