Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this movie on Friday. The concept was pretty good, which is why I wanted to see it in the first place. But the movie itself didn't live up to my expectations... but that tends to happen most of the time anway. :lol

Has anyone else seen The Island? Any thoughts on the movie?

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
What was up with the harpoon guns lol??? Why not just use a taser. And why do these places always have to have a big "do not push" auto-destruct button lol.

Where do they find all these people to employ their facilities? I don't think there would be enough sociopathic doctors and people who would ignore such genocide.

The technology didn't seem to add up either. They were driving around in a bunch of modern day Dodge Magnums but at the same time had these hover bikes and holographic technology.

I did like how the clone killed his counterpart tho, that was cool : )

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Noca said:
And why do these places always have to have a big "do not push" auto-destruct button lol.
:lol My thoughts exactly. I wasn't impressed with how easily the two clones were able to cheat death or serious injuries in certain situations. No one's that lucky. :sus

·
Registered
29 Posts
What I want to know is, why did they insist on ruining the plot twist in the commercials, trailers, interviews, etc. That just doesnt make sense to me. It wouldve been cool to find out in the movie that they were clones. I still wanna see it though. 2 hours of distraction from my life is always a good thing.

·
Rainmaker
972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mechagirl said:
can someone answer me something- i read in a review that in this movie the clones are enginered to be dumb or retarded so they dont ask too many questions, is that true?
Well, more or less. They're educated to about the age of 13. They're like kids in adult bodies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts