Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,,,,

I really need your help to help this girl: A Girl with thinning hair (a real bad one,,nearly=Bold:|),,

in case anyone know a good product that can really help??

she used a lot of before product, non-worked for her,,, I really want to help her

Thx :)

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Forgot,, any good forum for women with thinning hair ????

Well,, it's rare to c a woman like that,, and people don't see iner-beauty,,, this is life!

again Thx :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try to take supplement called biotin, it helps for growing hair and nails. And also don't shower hot or warm water coz it opens up the pores in the scalp so the hair easily detached from the head. Try cold shower, gives you healthy hair, skin, and good mood.

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Try to take supplement called biotin, it helps for growing hair and nails. And also don't shower hot or warm water coz it opens up the pores in the scalp so the hair easily detached from the head. Try cold shower, gives you healthy hair, skin, and good mood.
she took bitin long years ago and it didn't work

she always wash her hair with cold water

she tried everything u may imagiune,, Dr's didn't help,,,, :|

·
MBTI: INFJ Enneagram:4w5
2,192 Posts
As a woman who is bald, can I give a few suggestions?

First of all, is it alopecia (hair loss for no reason, it's actually an autoimmune disorder), or is she pulling it out herself?

Second, does she show any signs of having a thyroid or menstrual disorder? Hypothyroidism and Polycystic Ovarian Disorder can cause excess hair growth in areas of the body where women typically don't want hair, but at the same time can cause the hair on the scalp to grow thin. Some symptoms are being overweight despite having a reasonably good diet and exercise habits, not having a lot of energy, etc. The problem with the hair may be a side effect of one or both of those disorders, and these disorders can be treated.

Second, wigs or half wigs can be purchased. The half wigs are actually pretty natural looking and clip into your own hair in a way where most people wouldn't notice you're wearing a wig. I don't have enough hair even for that, so I wear wigs, though I bet you couldn't tell it from my avatar. Until her treatment is successful she might have to resort to that. I've been wearing them daily for 14 years now. most people haven't even guessed.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I knew a girl with alopecia. She wore a bandanna thing, but I think I'd just go with a wig. My Auntie recently lost all her hair to chemo, and got a wig that looks 100% like her original hair.

Product-wise, you could try Minoxidil. I have 2 60ml bottles here you can have for free if you pay postage. I bought it to try to combat my increasing male pattern baldness, but then realised "who cares?" Easier for a male though... but still not easy when you're a young male.

I've heard that this stuff will shed most of your remaining hair, then grow back more than you had before. The regrowth is apparently very "wirey" though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
In glamour mag. I read that rubbing coconut milk onto the scalp, then leaving it on for an hour or so helps the hair grow thicker and faster. Sounds crazy but it might help.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have alopecia (from PCOS). These supplements have been helping me a bit, but it's very, very slow. In the meantime, I'd suggest a bandana, wig, or half wig, as was mentioned.

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

First of all, is it alopecia (hair loss for no reason, it's actually an autoimmune disorder), or is she pulling it out herself?

Second, does she show any signs of having a thyroid or menstrual disorder? Hypothyroidism and Polycystic Ovarian Disorder can cause excess hair growth in areas of the body where women typically don't want hair, but at the same time can cause the hair on the scalp to grow thin. Some symptoms are being overweight despite having a reasonably good diet and exercise habits, not having a lot of energy, etc. The problem with the hair may be a side effect of one or both of those disorders, and these disorders can be treated.

Second, wigs or half wigs can be purchased. The half wigs are actually pretty natural looking and clip into your own hair in a way where most people wouldn't notice you're wearing a wig. I don't have enough hair even for that, so I wear wigs, though I bet you couldn't tell it from my avatar. Until her treatment is successful she might have to resort to that. I've been wearing them daily for 14 years now. most people haven't even guessed.
1st thx,, 2nd didn't note that u r bald,, I remember u asking about Red hair ;)

Non,, just thin hair

No,, she did all those Tests and everything is normal!!! thx god

u can't hide that from ur Man!!!! not every man will accept something like that,,,men don't care about inner beauty!!:no

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I knew a girl with alopecia. She wore a bandanna thing, but I think I'd just go with a wig. My Auntie recently lost all her hair to chemo, and got a wig that looks 100% like her original hair.

Product-wise, you could try Minoxidil. I have 2 60ml bottles here you can have for free if you pay postage. I bought it to try to combat my increasing male pattern baldness, but then realised "who cares?" Easier for a male though... but still not easy when you're a young male.

I've heard that this stuff will shed most of your remaining hair, then grow back more than you had before. The regrowth is apparently very "wirey" though.
I'm sorry about ur Auntie

Dr's told us it' not for women.....

Let me help u in this:clap;): Did u searched for DHT lowring???? what cause DHT high levels?

If u r living in australia,,, there is this famous man: http://www.hair-loss-centre.com.au/

:D

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tell her to go to a professional
she visited many many Dr's with 10's of blood tests,,,

started thinking may be coz she's not that much HAPPY GIRL!!!!:|

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In glamour mag. I read that rubbing coconut milk onto the scalp, then leaving it on for an hour or so helps the hair grow thicker and faster. Sounds crazy but it might help.
really?! :eek: will tell her thx :clap wow imahine that this thing work!!!:clap

·
Banned
3,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have alopecia (from PCOS). These supplements have been helping me a bit, but it's very, very slow. In the meantime, I'd suggest a bandana, wig, or half wig, as was mentioned.
sorry this link don't work in this country,, got this:Sorry, the requested page is unavailable
:|

anyway thx

·
Pasta
115 Posts
Going to a dermatologist for this would be the best idea - a combination of Spironolactone (200mg per day) and a progesterone/estrogen pill (birth control) could potentially help. Rogaine/Minoxidil products can/do work for some people so she should give it a try. Although once you start using those products, you'll have to use them for the rest of your life - once you stop, the hair it helped you grow back will fall out.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts

Yes, first you want to suggest to her to see a physician to be worked up for any medical condition that is causing the alopecia (hair loss). There could be a more serious issue underlying with worse consequences than the manifestation of hair loss. If there is a condition found that is causing the hair loss, the physician should be able to provide treatment, if there is a treatment available and hopefully the hair would grow back. Also, there are products such as rogaine out there (not sure if that stuff works or not, I've just seen the commercials).

But she should be checked out medically first.

·
MBTI: INFJ Enneagram:4w5
2,192 Posts
1st thx,, 2nd didn't note that u r bald,, I remember u asking about Red hair ;)

Non,, just thin hair

No,, she did all those Tests and everything is normal!!! thx god

u can't hide that from ur Man!!!! not every man will accept something like that,,,men don't care about inner beauty!!:no
I beg to differ. I am married, and my man knew about my disorder from DAY TWO of our relationship and he STILL stuck with me!

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I'm sorry about ur Auntie

Dr's told us it' not for women.....

Let me help u in this:clap;): Did u searched for DHT lowring???? what cause DHT high levels?

If u r living in australia,,, there is this famous man: http://www.hair-loss-centre.com.au/

:D
The packets I have here say "Hair regrowth treatment for Men and Women."

For me I think it's a mix of genes, stress, and not to be crude, but too much masturbation. I've tried cutting down on the latter of late. I'm almost 30 now, so I'm not as depressed about it as when I was 25. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've heard that taking folic acid supplements are beneficial, and have been taking it for a couple of months since I've been losing hair of late.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I don't know if reviving old threads is kosher on this forum, but here goes.

Been developing a definite male pattern baldness over the past 2 years, with it accelerating over the past six months. Thinning almost up to the top of my head in that distinctive 'M' shape.

The worst thing about hair loss is that the more I stress about it, the more seems to come out, the more I stress about it :doh It's a vicious cycle...

Trying some Saw Palmetto, Biotin, and organic shampoo to see how it goes. Propecia/Finasteride is too expensive, and I don't feel like applying Rogaine/Minoxidil twice every day while worrying that all my hair will fall out if I stop.

Might end up just shaving it all off, but I have a melon-shaped head with probably a few moles up there, so I'm very apprehensive of how it would look.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts