Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always wondered why some Women are so drawn to Men with babies? Is it because they feel if a guy has a kid they must be a loving person, but then if the guy is alone, they must wonder why he is alone, possibly divorced or something and you think that would be a turn off.

Posted a pic of myself on facebook with my nephew and got some good comments, but before then nobody bothered to respond to any of my photos and I was kind of shocked at this.

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Because the babies are so cute you're bound to temporarily forget that most men are nothing more than giant babies (minus the sweetness) - Kidding,Kidding!!

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I've always wondered why some Women are so drawn to Men with babies? Is it because they feel if a guy has a kid they must be a loving person, but then if the guy is alone, they must wonder why he is alone, possibly divorced or something and you think that would be a turn off.

Posted a pic of myself on facebook with my nephew and got some good comments, but before then nobody bothered to respond to any of my photos and I was kind of shocked at this.
YES! :lol

I was visiting my cousin several years ago and she took my mom and me to the mall so she could get my mom some clothes. When they were in a women's store, I was like "no way" so I took my baby cousin in a stroller and sat outside. Uh yeah, girls were checking me out thinking it was MY baby! I'm like "uh nope, he's my cousin." :lol

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
i'm queer and i even check out guys with kids. i just think they're so sweet and loving especially if they're involved and patient and having fun with them. it's because i lack affection and involvement from my own father that i'm drawn to men who are good with children.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I guess it suggests that they're nice and not selfish if they have a kid, not always true but still.

I would be attracted to someone, either with a kid, or someone that was good with kids, because I have a daughter and they have to like her and get on with her. I couldn't date someone that didn't like kids. My daughter comes first and anyone I date has to understand that.

·
Surrounded by greatness
579 Posts
I can honestly say, as a stay at home dad for almost 9 years, this topic has caused some issues for me. I don't like the spotlight. And, I especially don't like it when someone is "digging" me. Ok, well a little...but it did get awkward at times. ;)

IMO, many women (even if married with kids of their own), are attracted to qualities that their spouses are lacking in. If they see you acting in a teaching, kind, calm manner toward your kids at the playground and they have a spouse who is impatient and cold, then you have their attention. No way around it. Understandably so. There are probably many women who would take a great dad over great abs, or loads of money, etc.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I have a lot of respect for good fathers. I'm sure my perspective is skewed, but I tend to view kind, nurturing men as an oddity. Growing up, most of my friends and I didn't have dads, and all of the adult males I knew were complete *******s. Seeing fathers being attentive to their kids definitely triggers an emotional response; it's a combination of feeling hopeful for humanity and feeling sorry for myself.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I have a lot of respect for good fathers. I'm sure my perspective is skewed, but I tend to view kind, nurturing men as an oddity. Growing up, most of my friends and I didn't have dads, and all of the adult males I knew were complete *******s. I definitely have an emotional response to seeing fathers being attentive to their kids; it's a combination of feeling hopeful for humanity and feeling sorry for myself.
you've described how i feel. i tend to scoff at the idea of a father because of my own father. he was always around but that was more detrimental than positive because he was a negative influence. what's worse for me is that all of my uncles are good involved fathers whereas my dad is the odd one out, so when i witness fathers who are great with their children and adore them especially their daughters i feel happy for them and yet i also hurt for myself.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
I have a lot of respect for good fathers. I'm sure my perspective is skewed, but I tend to view kind, nurturing men as an oddity. Growing up, most of my friends and I didn't have dads, and all of the adult males I knew were complete *******s. I definitely have an emotional response to seeing fathers being attentive to their kids; it's a combination of feeling hopeful for humanity and feeling sorry for myself.

you've described how i feel. i tend to scoff at the idea of a father because of my own father. he was always around but that was more detrimental than positive because he was a negative influence. what's worse for me is that all of my uncles are good involved fathers whereas my dad is the odd one out, so when i witness fathers who are great with their children and adore them especially their daughters i feel happy for them and yet i also hurt for myself.
Yeah, I feel the same way. As great as caring fathers are, I'll inevitably compare to my father, and then I'll just feel blue. Sure I'll feel happy for them for having an active father figure but I'll just feel sorry for myself and how I had missed out on such a relationship. He's never around but when he is around he never does anything... positive... worth remembering... or just anything that tells me he cares in some way. Comes back to me saying, it's just not fair. Whatever, it's not like I care anymore. I'm more apathetic than anything now.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
I'll pass on the men with babies...looks too unnatural, to me especially in pics, if he has a kid in his arms in all the pictures...I know some of them do it to attract women just as the really masculine guys with tiny little dogs..

·
SAS Member
2,346 Posts
Idk there's just something really sexy about men with babies.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.