Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to cut back on klonopin, cigarettes, and alcohol all at once, but not doing a very good job. Any one of these drugs alone causes withdrawal but take the three together and I'm in a difficult situation. Anyone relate or has advice?

·
Banned
1,376 Posts
it would help to learn new and more effective ways to calm and relax yourself, I would reduce the booze first, for social occasions you can pretend to be drunk instead of actually being drunk

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
Alcohol withdrawal is treated with long acting benzos like valium and klonopin. Coming off alcohol and benzo. at the same time isn't a good idea, it would increase chances of getting withdrawal symptoms and some of these can be dangerous so I second what tony said, you should see a doctor, preferably someone who specializes in substance use/addiction.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I'm not even sure if it is withdrawal or not. I'm not having classic withdrawal symptoms like tremors and extreme mood swings. Basically the way I feel now is about the same I felt (or better) than before I started the klonopin. So I don't think the klonopin is to blame. The alcohol and cigarettes might be partly to blame though. The weird thing is I have anxiety even if I smoke so I don't even know why I do it. How can I have withdrawal from something that didn't help in the first place?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
But if you stop smoking & drinking who's going to pay to run the government? We need your sin taxes.:lol

·
blessed with lucky sevens
840 Posts
My advice is to leave the cigarettes till last. If you notice, a lot of famous rockers with messy pasts imbued in heavy drug use have quit all the cocaine and heavy drinking and stuff but they still smoke.
Apparently it's the hardest to stop doing.

But, I'd go klonopin first, then alcohol then cigarettes.

At least with cigarettes they don't affect your cognition and stuff like alcohol and other drugs do. You don't get "F**ked up" on cigarettes do you and lose control. You just remain who you're with the addition of bad health and smelly hair of course. hehe

1 - 7 of 7 Posts