Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yeah...I just hope to God the anxiety goes down eventually. I've been worried about the username at least since Christmas, but I never definitively decided to stick with it so...guess I should do that, and stop trying to figure it out ERP works or not...I'm pretty tired of reading OCD books, lol. They all say the same thing anyway.

Also, it's clear to me that my OCD can latch onto anything...I mean I started this thread because I was worried delaying a compulsion might be a problem...but right now, that makes no sense to me. That's the thing with obsessions...your anxious mind eventually catches up with your logical mind in realizing they make no sense...

·
Stoicism / ACT / CFT
11,901 Posts
Oh, it reaches everywhere.

But re the username thing, I would try to look at it as an opportunity to try to practice living with the discomfort. You know it's a minor thing (really) and there aren't going to be any dire consequences, so look on it as a training tool. Commit that you aren't going to change the username despite any discomfort, and just accept that despite any discomfort you aren't going to change the name. Override it.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Yeah if it never goes away and I still feel I have to delete it like a few months from now? Guess I can worry about it then, haha...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts