Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kinda sucks going days, sometimes even a whole week without anyone calling or texting you...especially when you go out of your way to try to make friends. Seems like people, the world just doesn't care about you.

Sorry just felt like getting out.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
Nobody has rung me or sent me a text for over a year, except call backs from job interviews and my sister texting once. So don't feel too bad!

·
Registered
515 Posts
Sometimes I just wish a random text message would appear on my phone. Would prefer a text to a call, as I hate talking on the phone.

I love it when a friend texts from nowhere. Unfortunatley the people I'd like to text haven't and probably wont unless I actually tell them... which ruins the surprise of it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I do the same thing. Wishing my phone would ring or get a text. Hey, I would text you, but I don't think my husband would like that too much. lol But, yeah, I know what you mean. Being lonely sucks.

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
I live at home, so all phone calls are usually for my parents or sister when shes not at uni. I have no friends to call me, so I don't have to worry when the phone rings, whether it's one of my friends. I do however have an best online friend who texts me now and again. Which is good. But she's never phoned me because of my SA LOL (worried about ackward silences and hearing her voice for the first time etc) But I do love recieving a text from her, because it means I have a friend who has taken the time to text me.

When I used to recieve calls it was either the job centre, a member of staff from a training job course, an employer from my previous job, or from a person that I applied a job for. Nothing social...just business kinda.

Anyway if i did have friends to call me. I probably wouldn't want them too. I'd probably ask them that I'd prefer talking to them online or by texting. I hate phones LOL

·
Registered
515 Posts
I hate it when my home phone rings, I actually hope it's not for me. But texts I love receiving them, as it's easier to talk and say things.

·
Registered
449 Posts
i live in rochester ny and it sucks here
Aww come on rochester is not so bad it has....ok yea it sucks here.

I love seeing the little icon for a txt msg on my phone. i gets all excited. then i see its from a brother/sister and its a stupid fwd joke text crap. heh kinda lucky txting is big, id hate talking on the phone and its so much easier talking to someone thru text, either on phone or on computer.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well I'm the exact opposite. I get really freaked out when someone calls. Nine times out of ten I let the voice mail get it. Even if it's people I know really well I just can't bear those uncomfortable silences..ick!!!

·
rawr?
86 Posts
I forgot how to turn on the phone before. That's how little I use it.
Probably been like 5 years since I made a call or had a conversation on one.

Going a day or week is nothing. lol.
Have you tried calling or texting them first? Send a text, maybe they will call you in return.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I keep my phone on silent anyways, its not like anyone will call and if I do receive a missed call, its usually from my job or a parent.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Really wish one of two people would either ring or text me right now, as they'd be able to make me feel much better... :yes

1 - 20 of 21 Posts