Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Lost
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not transgender or anything, but sometimes I feel like my life would be so much better if I were a girl. I'm not a masculine guy by far, and I don't even "get" other guys.

• I'm straight, but I highly respect women and the objectification of women annoys me, so I hate being around guys who are always like "I'd tap that booty" and crap.
  • I don't like sports
  • Or video games
  • Or action movies...
  • You know what, I pretty much don't enjoy typical Male Culture all that much
  • I also don't like the competitiveness you'll often find in groups of male friends
  • I'm quiet and gentle and in tune with my emotions...
  • This is a long list. Let's just say I prefer the company of women
Obviously women are competitive, too, and a lot of groups of female friends with have their own issues like drama or whatnot. But I just feel like I would fit in with a group of women way more than a group of men. But I'm a straight guy, and no matter what I'll always be that. There will always be that sense of distance that you get from being the one dude in a group of female friends. I've been there and done that. It's like, you're included, but also there's a barrier. Unless you're a woman, you can never be part of this special Female Bond that a lot of women have with their girl friends.

I just wish I could start over on life and be a girl. I don't feel like I was born in the wrong body. I know in my heart that I'm not trans, and I would never identify or live as a woman. I also can't relate to most guys, so I'm pretty much stuck being alone. And in my daily life I don't act feminine, so I'm not metrosexual. I'm neither masculine nor feminine, I'm just Me, and being Me has left me lonely and feeling like I don't belong anywhere.

·
Lost
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it sounds weird, but I'm 100% sure that I'm not transgender, nor do I have gender dysphoria or anything like that. Trust me, I'm not denying anything here.

Even though I'm not really masculine or feminine, I can relate to femininity way more than masculinity. But I would still be unhappy if I just lived as a metrosexual guy or something. It's like... I don't want to change who I am. It's just that I don't have any close friends, and I'd rather have female friends than guy friends, but there would still be that barrier between me and them.

So it's like... I'm fine being myself. Even if I had the choice, I would NOT go back to the day I was conceived and make it so that I was born a girl. The life I have is the life I've got, and so far I'm happy with the things I've done in my life so far. I'm going to ride this life out until the end. (Although I would love to be reincarnated as a girl in my next life... except I don't believe in reincarnation haha)

I just catch myself fantasizing about being a girl often. Actually, I often fantasize about being a different person. The idea of just living in a different country, living a different life... it gives me this wonderful feeling of escape. I have a big imagination and I'm a creative individual. In fact I'm writing a book, and all of my main characters are females, so I probably live vicariously through my characters.

So... I guess it's more of a fantasy than anything else.

·
Lost
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm sure you wouldn't like bleeding every month along with: cramps, bloating, mood swings, eating everything in sight, ect.
Hardy har har, women have periods. What an original, insightful sarcastic comment. That's the most original and hilarious comment I've seen all week. You must be sooooo funny. You should do stand up. You're so hilarious, that I totally want to hang out with you. Let's be friends.

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
It's always greener on the other side. Also, I'm a girl who likes action movies and video games, so that's not just a male thing btw. There are some days (especially during my time of the month) that I wish I was a guy, but then I just think "No thanks, I love being a girl".

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Hardy har har, women have periods. What an original, insightful sarcastic comment. That's the most original and hilarious comment I've seen all week. You must be sooooo funny. You should do stand up. You're so hilarious, that I totally want to hang out with you. Let's be friends.
I don't think she was trying to be funny.
I actually think she was completely serious.
I don't get those symptoms, but every time I get my period I end up wishing I was born without a uterus. Even without all those symptoms, bleeding profusely from your nether regions for days on end ****ing sucks.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
:b

but on a serious note, it really sucks being on my period. For me it's terrible. I forgot to mention being EXTREMELY horny.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It's always greener on the other side. Also, I'm a girl who likes action movies and video games, so that's not just a male thing btw. There are some days (especially during my time of the month) that I wish I was a guy, but then I just think "No thanks, I love being a girl".
I was thinking that too. Those things aren't what makes one a guy or a girl. Plenty of girls do those so called guy things and still gender identify as a woman.

·
Lost
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I know that video games or action movies, or pretty much anything I listed, is just a male thing, but society expects men to like those things. So it's hard to make friends with fellow dudes when you don't really fit in the stereotypical boxes that society places people in.

Yeah. It's just this weird longing I have to be someone else. Because of that it's hard to say I love being who I am, since as you said the grass is always greener, but I mean I'm at least content. It's just comforting to fantasize about being someone else.

I don't think she was trying to be funny.
I actually think she was completely serious.
Well the timing of SocialAnxiety111's original post just made it seem like she was trying to be funny haha. I apologize if she wasn't joking, though

·
Banned
126 Posts
As a fellow non-hypermasculine guy I understand where you're coming from. At some point I also pondered the same thing but I ultimately learned to appreciate myself for who I am, as an individual.

Every society has its own definition of masculinity, which we as men coincide with to varying degrees. If there is a hyperagressive alpha male type guy out there then you can definitely expect there to be a lighthearted, gentle man, and every other guy in between. You are not alone!

There is no need to question your sexuality. The nature of this is similar to that of the is homosexuality natural debate. There is no question that it is natural.

I'll give some related answers to the points you enumerated:

- I am also straight and I respect women.
- I dislike sports like basketball and football but I am interested in sports like gymnastics.
- I was a huge fan of RPG games and strategic type games, but I never really liked action/shooter games.
- Action movies bore me to death. I prefer mysteries and stories that require some kind of thought.
- There are aspects of male culture that I enjoy.
- I'm not very competitive but I'm not much of a team lover either, I tend to do things solo.
- I am also quiet and gentle and I am naturally very emotional, empathetic and sensitive (although life drained much of that out of me).
- Most of my friends are female and I prefer them over my male friends.

You're free to be whoever you wish to be, but you shouldn't let this pressure you into wanting to rewrite your existence! You are a male, an emotional, sensitive male. Be proud of it! It is your identity!

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
You're not really picturing just being a woman though, you're picturing being a sociable, non-anxious, popular woman; and you're only picturing the good sides of even that.

·
SAS Member
8800 blue lick road
42,179 Posts
If you were a woman you'd still have SA (assuming we're not just talking about total personality change), you'd probably be close to few people if you're not already - you'd have more pressure to be caring and friendly. You'd have to deal with all this other crap that you don't currently have to deal with, you'd just replace your current problems with new ones.

You're picturing a stereotype. I get that the grass is always greener though.

·
uggla
10,065 Posts
What are your interests? Maybe you could find male friends, who had more in common with you, if you looked for it. It's not like all guys are dude bros.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
meh..it's ok I guess but with power comes great responsibility.

·
Banned
126 Posts
Also, could you imagine what life would be like for you if you were never introduced to the concept of gender in the first place? You would live your life according to your inclinations, without doubt. That is how I live my life. I don't question the adequacy of being a sensitive male, that is the characteristic I was born with, it is part of me.

·
Spirit of Vengeance
5,301 Posts
What are your interests? Maybe you could find male friends, who had more in common with you, if you looked for it. It's not like all guys are dude bros.
I think this is good advice. There are other guys that don't like sports and other stereotypically manly interests. You just have to find them.

Though I've found that some guys will fake their interests in some of these things in order to fit in with other guys.

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
I could be a better woman than any of the women I know. Sometimes I wanna get a sex change just to show everybody how it's supposed to be done.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts