Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never had a proper friend. I've always craved a friend. Someone who knows me well and likes me. Having someone to spend time with. I just need that. But I never let myself get close to anyone or open up enough for them to get to know me. It really bothered me. In a way I've kind of just accepted that I'll never have a friend but I don't know if I can deal with that. Its a need, not a want.

·
Registered
733 Posts
I know how that is. I wish I could be one of those people that don't feel the need to have friends. If those people really exist.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I kind of wish the instinct that we have as human beings on finding friends would just disappear. Finding friendships is a fine definition of insanity to me.

·
Registered
364 Posts
it is so much simpler to be alone and only have to worry about yourself, be closed off. but then there are other people and the idea of them getting how you are on a personal level is appealing, which makes being alone feel sad

·
Maybe?
2,598 Posts
You could always turn to accomplishments. I've always had only 1-2 friends at a time, and now both of them are heading out after this summer and then I'll simply have 4 people online (3, since one of them never chats).

I'm certain that I could have my work published more widely if I really sat down and worked. I admit that's a major motivation for the amount of writing I've been doing, and having what other people desire but can't achieve would definitely make me feel better about myself. I don't have to be lonely and without bragging rights.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I hate having that need, too. I've tried really hard to find friends online but with no success. If anyone wants to be my friend, I'll be yours. If anyone wants to talk/chat, I'll talk/chat to you. :)

·
Banned
1,912 Posts
I'm in the same position. It really sucks. I'm about to try group therapy, but if that doesn't work then I may just have to accept having no friends.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm on the same boat. I've been isolating myself for months now. I don't want to meet people. But I always find myself craving for interaction, craving for friends. If only humans are not social creatures, life would be easier. :(

·
Registered
3,653 Posts

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Same here. I wish I could just stop wanting to have a friend. Even accepting that I will be alone does little to ease the desire to have someone there. *Sigh*

1 - 11 of 11 Posts