Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am craving for change so bad. I wish I could just pack my stuff, quit my job, and go somewhere exciting with my girlfriend. I want to be as far away from this small town as possible. I wanna meet people and know what all is out there. I want a job I enjoy. I am just tired of the same situation. I guess im tired of feeling stuck and depressed. Do you ever just feel so fed up? I look at other peoples lives and get jeolous. Maybe things will get better.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Why don't you? I've done it (I live over 10 hours away from where I grew up in a city about 200x bigger than my home town). It helps. Change, as scary as it may be, can sometimes be good. It's not going to cure anything but it can jump start your life.

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
Plan for it. Figure out how much money it would cost and save accordingly. Set dates and stuff, and figure out exactly where you'd like to go. You'll get there eventually.

·
Cool story, bro!
986 Posts
I did that. I sold my possessions then went from Seattle to Los Angeles and lived in a car with my best friend. We just spent the days going to the beach and the libraries. Unfortunately it didn't last very long without money. But the freedom to do what we pleased was nice.

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you have the money then take a chance.
I did not really have money when I did it either, I was very limited but if you really want it, you can plan it. You just need enough money for one month's rent (you said you are working now so this should be possible) and be willing to accept any job you can get once you get there (at the beginning at least). It takes making some sacrifices short term to do this but it can really pay off long term.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I am craving for change so bad. I wish I could just pack my stuff, quit my job, and go somewhere exciting with my girlfriend. I want to be as far away from this small town as possible. I wanna meet people and know what all is out there. I want a job I enjoy. I am just tired of the same situation. I guess im tired of feeling stuck and depressed. Do you ever just feel so fed up? I look at other peoples lives and get jeolous. Maybe things will get better.
I feel the sameway. Wish i could just leave this country and start fresh somewhere else. Maybe things would change if i was forced to survive in another country.

·
Registered
603 Posts
What are you guys on the kinsey scale? I have an extra room and plenty of space.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts