Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please let me know if you are interested in attending a Wisconsin area gathering. We are open to anyone (even outside of the Wisconsin) who could make it. A few of us talked about it more seriously in chat the other night.

Which day works the best, August 6 or 20? Both are Saturdays.

Also, which site do you prefer, Milwaukee or Madison or somewhere else?

What do we want to do? Go somewhere to eat, go to a movie, group activity, etc. Any ideas are welcome.

:stu

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am actually planning to be in Madison on Satuday the 6th anyway.
I will be doing something in the morning up to after lunch…
maybe everyone could do it with me?
or I could go out after words for something.

I am not sure there are any other people though from what I am seeing here.….

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Due to the lack of replies earlier, I have planned other things for both days already. Sorry :(

Let's set a goal to meet sometime in the future though?

·
Registered
17 Posts
i would like to have some kind of get together --- it would be nice if we could include the people from chicago, but i do no know any good places to meet.

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
I'm in northeast Iowa and within a few miles of southeast Minnesota and southwest Wisconsin. I'm pretty familiar with the La Crosse, WI area but I'm not much for travel so I rarely go much farther than that. I'm within 100 miles of Rochester, MN but I'm not very familiar with that area. I might consider something if its not too far away, but I don't want anyone going to any trouble planning it so I can attend either.

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
I'm from Wisconsin and down for a gathering should it occur. I don't mind driving a bit either.

Matt

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I could possibly do something in Wisconsin, so long as I'm given enough advance warning. I work weekdays so weekends would be best so I can make the long drive.

I likve ivorydove's renfest suggstion... but that's not untill late summer. Anything coming up sooner?

-Ryan

·
Registered
58 Posts
we're over here, too

Anyone interested in Milwaukee this summer, June+, perhaps? There's also Wisconsin Dells, but that place will be crowded. Not sure we could make it to Madison…it would have to be on the way to Milwaukee (I have family there to visit). Let me know. :)

BabyG

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
Re: we're over here, too

BabyG said:
Anyone interested in Milwaukee this summer, June+, perhaps? There's also Wisconsin Dells, but that place will be crowded. Not sure we could make it to Madison…it would have to be on the way to Milwaukee (I have family there to visit). Let me know. :)

BabyG
Where in Milwaukee? :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Would anyone be interested in going bar hopping in Madison? The town is FULL of bars within walking distance of each other and I've had luck meeting women there. If nothing else, it's good practice when it comes to mingling with the opposite sex.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
tacosalad said:
hey I'm game for meeting up with people possibly, I'd like to PM with you all and get to know you a little bit first though.
I believe that there was a gathering just this past Saturday...someone tell us how it went, please! :)

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
It went really well.. BabyG, BabyG's boyfriend (I forgot SAS name), the infamous UltraShy, HopeFloats (I think that's the name), and myself all made it.

We actually spent the whole time yakking at Applebees. Well, UltraShy and BabyG mostly, with me chirping in every now and then. I have pictures, but I want to get everyone's permission before I post them...

I'd like to do it again sometime, but not too soon... it's a rather long drive for me :)

-Ryan

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Kardax said:
the infamous UltraShy
I'm infamous! :evil I appreciate the recognition.

Kardax said:
We actually spent the whole time yakking at Applebees. Well, UltraShy and BabyG mostly...
I'm the talkative one -- shocking, isn't it?

Kardax said:
I have pictures, but I want to get everyone's permission before I post them...
As I said at the gathering, you have my permission to post any & all pictures containing me. I look forward to seeing them posted.

Karl, the infamous

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
WOW~~~~~~~~~ I am SOOO jealous!!! Sounds like ya' all had a great time and I only wish I could go to a gathering but since I live in the middle of nowhere (by the Utah and Colorado Boarder) I highly doubt there will be any around here :(. Looking forward to the pics!!! :)

·
Walking in the light
3,662 Posts
POST THE PICTURES PLEASE!!!!! Have to see what Karl looks like!!!!!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts