Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K, who else hates it ?

I hate the cold, i hate it being dark so freakin early n most of all i hate not being able to sunbathe, ugh, not cool.

·
Invisible Threadkiller
1,895 Posts
Winter in Atlanta, GA sorta sucks. I grew up in Indiana where at least it would snow every once in a while. Here it gets sorta cold (teens-20's) but it hardly ever snows. If it does it rarely sticks. The good thing is that when it does snow enough to stick the whole city shuts down. I also dislike winter becasue I don't get to ride the motorcycle any more. I don't have and cold weather equipment. I didn't ever get any because you didn't ride any more in indiana after they salt the roads. Unless you wanted a rusty bike.

So, its mostly just cold and gloomy with nothing good to come from it around here. I guess the good news is it doesnt get real cold and will get to the 30's-40's or so during most days.

·
In 'da 707
4,382 Posts
I love the first part of winter. Ppl get all cheery because of the holidays, it gets dark early (love the nighttime), hot cocoa, blakets. I love the feeling of comfort. The second part (January-April) is kind of boring and drags on though. I do still like that it gets dark early during the second part.

·
Banned
4,722 Posts
I love winter. I like wearing lots of layers and a big cosy coat and boots. I like it when the evenings draw in early and there are more hours of darkness. I like being inside when it's cold outside. I love Halloween, Christmas and New Year. But I guess living in Scotland it's pretty bad!

·
fellow human
2,074 Posts
I don't like anything that forces me to wear more clothes around the house than a t shirt, and shorts. I like everything associated with wintertime except the cold.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like clothes shopping in winter :)

I also hate wearing nothing more than a wife beater n a pair of shorts tho, No sun = unhappy seanybhoy.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Ugh, people that like winter obviously don't live in upstate NY! I wouldn't mind it as much if the snow didn't fall on the roads, sidewalks, etc lol. It would be nice if it only lasted a month, but it seems like more than half the year is winter!

·
aldehyde dehydrogenaser
7,377 Posts
It'll only get colder from here on out where I'm from (the North Pole) and I'm so not looking forward to cold weather. J/k, I'm not from the North Pole, but it sure gets chilly here.

·
Optimism Prime~
7,122 Posts
K, who else hates it ?

I hate the cold, i hate it being dark so freakin early n most of all i hate not being able to sunbathe, ugh, not cool.
I too hate cold weather and being a fellow Brit can see exactly where you are coming from.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I hate the cold, but I like the snow.
:ditto

I don't like winter clothes either. All the scratchy sweaters and I get so staticky I can't touch anything without getting a shock.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
I'm not a fan of Winter, but at least it doesn't bring me misery like the heat of the Summer does.

Ahh.. nice Fall temperatures right now. I love this time of year.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I love winter. I love the shorter daylight hours, the snowfall, the lack of crowds standing around in public areas, the cold crisp weather. It's beautiful to me.

However, right now is my favorite season. Falling leaves, changing weather, the smell of burning leaves, shortening days, the halloween atmosphere. Mmm.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I love winter :) I love bundling up in a winter jacket. I'm always so sad when the last little patch of snow melts in spring and I have to give up my jacket. It should be snowing here anytime.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ugh, people that like winter obviously don't live in upstate NY! I wouldn't mind it as much if the snow didn't fall on the roads, sidewalks, etc lol. It would be nice if it only lasted a month, but it seems like more than half the year is winter!
I dunno what its like on your side of rochester, but over here the last like 5 years we have had really mild winters. Heck in 06 i was outside playing Ultimate Frisbee in january. This past year wasnt too bad either, for snow fall, but its like winter barely ended for two weeks! its been so cold and rainy all summer long.

I like it. gives a reason to wear hoodys and jackets, i work in a hot place so the colder it is outside, the better. And i still like busting out the old sled, go down to the park and go down the giant hill.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts