Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
I'm not Dead...Yet
2,191 Posts
1) Android and by a mile (Windows mobile OS is too much like Windows 8 which is eh...)

2) Probably the Samsung Galaxy S5 when it launches or the HTC One. Both have monster specs for mobile devices (Quad core processors) and great ram to boot.

If you want to ensure your phone can do everything, those two are the starting points.

·
Registered
188 Posts
HTC One is so old and the new HTC One has an awful design.

Galaxy S5 will undoubtedly be one of the worst flagships in 2014. There's nothing appealing about it besides IP67.

·
Spectacular Member
21,089 Posts
Windows phones are almost as bad as blackberry when it comes to operating systems. App markets are what makes phones usable, and the windows store is really lacking. The specs on some of their Lumia phones are nice, especially in the camera department, but beyond that, they have only a fraction of the apps of iOS or Android, and thus only a fraction of the usability.

2014 Just started, so I don't know about the best for any particular operating system, as many new models have yet to be released.

I have a Galaxy S4 and I am more than happy with it having moved from an iPhone 4 prior.

·
I'm not Dead...Yet
2,191 Posts
HTC One is so old and the new HTC One has an awful design.

Galaxy S5 will undoubtedly be one of the worst flagships in 2014. There's nothing appealing about it besides IP67.
Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I think it's still better than anything on the Windows phone side of things or even the Iphone redesign.

But if those two don't impress, I'd recommend looking at the Sony Xperia Z1 or even the Nexus 5.

Once you get into phones with specs like these, it's all brand preference for the most part anyway.

·
metamorphosis
7,002 Posts
Windows Phones are sort of an awkward third wheel in the phone world next to iOS and Android.

There's not really much special about Windows Phones. If you want the best camera phone however, you go for the Nokia Lumia 1020, a Windows phone.

Android provides an excellent, well rounded smartphone experience with many, many more apps than Windows phone.

Android has over a million apps while windows phone has less than 200 thousand.

Android is much more customizable than Windows phone. Windows phone, however, is still a bit more customizable than iOS in some ways. This is somewhat negated by the lack of apps however.

Android is a more developed OS and there is a larger selection of Android phones to choose from. You could argue that Windows phones are more reliable as they are easier to use and have less stuff to screw up, Android is catching up in this regard.

Currently, the best Windows phone, hands down would be the Nokia Lumia 1020.

The best Android phone is more subjective, because Android has a considerably larger catalogue of phones.

Some of the Flagships right now are:

Samsung Galaxy S 4
HTC One
Sony xperia Z1
LG G2
Moto X
Nexus 5

These are all 2013 phones however, and most if not all will get new versions this year.

The Samsung Galaxy S 5, and Sony Xperia Z2 have already been announced, with the new HTC One getting announced on March 25th.

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
I've been admiring the new HTC One X. The S was pretty buggy, and I've heard they fixed the bugs.

You can't go wrong with Samsung Galaxy phones.

I have actually never held or been close to a Windows phone, but I hear either one of two things. They either love it, or they hate it. Being that it's close to Windows 8, if you hate that OS, you probably should look elsewhere.

My preference is the iPhone, but I don't want to get into a war over Apple.

·
ugly ****
7,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've been admiring the new HTC One X. The S was pretty buggy, and I've heard they fixed the bugs.

You can't go wrong with Samsung Galaxy phones.

I have actually never held or been close to a Windows phone, but I hear either one of two things. They either love it, or they hate it. Being that it's close to Windows 8, if you hate that OS, you probably should look elsewhere.

My preference is the iPhone, but I don't want to get into a war over Apple.
iphone screen is too small, im looking for a phone mainly for entertainment and browsing internet

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Android is the best for advanced technology users......but if you just want your phone to work well and are not into technology.....then you should get an iPhone.......when I say android I don't mean Samsung's crappy proprietized OS.....I'm talking about the Nexus Android...... I flash custom ROMs and kernels and more onto my phone because it had scrappy proprietary OS on it when I purchased it......now my phone is just like a nexus device and I have the LG Optimus G Pro.........I'm currently loving my phone and I hate iOS because I need my phone for many more than what iPhones can do....and I can mess with it however I please

·
Registered
72 Posts
Nexus 5. I prefer the Windows Phone UI ( by a lot) but like the others have said, it lacks apps.

iOS is the most sensible mobile OS in my opinion , fwiw.

·
ugly ****
7,763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Android is the best for advanced technology users......but if you just want your phone to work well and are not into technology.....then you should get an iPhone.......when I say android I don't mean Samsung's crappy proprietized OS.....I'm talking about the Nexus Android...... I flash custom ROMs and kernels and more onto my phone because it had scrappy proprietary OS on it when I purchased it......now my phone is just like a nexus device and I have the LG Optimus G Pro.........I'm currently loving my phone and I hate iOS because I need my phone for many more than what iPhones can do....and I can mess with it however I please
hmm i think i will pass galaxy too its becoming too popular

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Android.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will probably be the biggest of the year but that doesn't come out until October I think.

The Galaxy S5 is unimpressive tbh.

And like someone already said, the galaxy series has become the Apple of the android game lol

·
metamorphosis
7,002 Posts
Android.
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will probably be the biggest of the year but that doesn't come out until October I think.

The Galaxy S5 is unimpressive tbh.

And like someone already said, the galaxy series has become the Apple of the android game lol
Yeah, the Galaxy S5 is a little underwhelming. It would still be fantastic for anyone wanting absurd, un-needed specs.

Lol, a smartphone user doesn't really need a 2.5 GHz Quad core processor.
I am kind of surprised it didn't get 3GB of RAM like the Note 3.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts