Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
will you feel happy if you find out that someone from your school or workplace is in this forum and has SA too?

i'll feel really awkward personally...

·
PreciousGleamingMcNugget
5,593 Posts
I would be very happy. Then we could be friends and life would be slightly better, depending on if they were weird like me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would be really happy. I'd try to make friends with them, because hey.. they're probly feeling the same way you do. It would definitely be awkward at first, I'll admit :roll.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would be really happy. I'd try to make friends with them, because hey.. they're probly feeling the same way you do. It would definitely be awkward at first, I'll admit :roll.
but don't u scared that maybe the person's not that nice and will tell other ppl that u have SA?
i guess i just can't trust ppl in my real life...:blank

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Hm, well, I wouldn't really be thrilled, but it wouldn't bug me too much.
Maybe we'd get a friend out of the whole thing. If not, well, because we most likely don't talk, it would just be the same as before.

·
Registered
74 Posts
but don't u scared that maybe the person's not that nice and will tell other ppl that u have SA?
Well, there's always that risk. I'd be willing to take a chance if we had SA in common, though. Who would he/she tell?.. if you really think about it:teeth. I know I wouldn't go around telling people he/she had SA, I'm sure most of us wouldn't, either.

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Well if they also have SA it'd be kinda silly for them to tell other people you do. And being a person with the disorder you should know personally how they would feel too. SA isn't exactly a run and go tell people stuff on other people type of disorder. Chances are they would even have a hard time with you if they had it. I personally would be relieved. I don't feel like anyone gets me so it'd be nice to finally have someone in my life that did and we could lean on each other in overcoming this crap! :)

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
I would be totally stoked and say hey. :)

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
I don't think i would mind so much, if i saw them i'd make some sort of effort to talk to them knowing that it could make them a little happier, which would make me happy knowing i can make someone else happy lol

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Depends on how they find it. If they find me here because they came here for SAD, then I wouldn't mind. If they came here just to see what I was writing then I'd feel invaded.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I know this is horrible but I would be happy lol! Maybe I could befriend them or something like Nex said and hopefully they won't be mean and tell other people I know about it lol! Yeah it would also be a little awkward.

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
No I wouldn't be ackward, not if that person has SA too, it's ok

·
In hiding
1,455 Posts
I might feel a little awkward about it but I think I'd be sort of relieved someone I had thought of as much more 'normal' than me ended up having the same problem.

..and this isn't related but I see you're into Muse. Woooot. :D

·
Life sucks
1,735 Posts
I would definately feel akward, but as Nex said, make friends with them. Having the same disorder, I'm sure there would be alot in common.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts