Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the quiet side and in general I'm a nervous person. Dunno how to get rid of it. It's just always there. Last week one of my coworkers even said I need to unwind and relax. Later he and my boss were laughing when I was kind of flustered trying to find something for them. I'm not sure, but I get the feeling that my nervous behavior is becoming a sort of joke for the rest of the guys and it's making me even more nervous trying to be calm. Do you think they will eventually just accept this behavior or what? Overall they are very nice people, but, like most people, they find social anxiety behavior funny. They just don't understand it. Have you guys experienced this? Please tell me it gets better.

·
Banned
728 Posts
I'm on the quiet side and in general I'm a nervous person. Dunno how to get rid of it. It's just always there. Last week one of my coworkers even said I need to unwind and relax. Later he and my boss were laughing when I was kind of flustered trying to find something for them. I'm not sure, but I get the feeling that my nervous behavior is becoming a sort of joke for the rest of the guys and it's making me even more nervous trying to be calm. Do you think they will eventually just accept this behavior or what? Overall they are very nice people, but, like most people, they find social anxiety behavior funny. They just don't understand it. Have you guys experienced this? Please tell me it gets better.
It really depends who you work with. If they are crap people, they will laugh. If they are nice, they wont make much fuss about it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i've opened up to a few people on the job about my anxiety issues. i trust them not to talk. it makes me feel like i can relax more around them and that i fit in more overall. if there's even one person you feel is caring and won't judge you, try opening up to them. maybe you'll find you can be more of yourself around this person, nerves and all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.