Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try and make a call this week to get some help with a therapist concerning my SA. This will be my first go at it and it is long over due. I checked and my insurance will help pay for some of it. With that in mind, will my boss or the company I work with find out that I'm seeing a therapist? It's a fairly small company I work for and I really don't want my boss to know I'm seeing a therapist. The insurance is good and it's through my employer.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm going to try and make a call this week to get some help with a therapist concerning my SA. This will be my first go at it and it is long over due. I checked and my insurance will help pay for some of it. With that in mind, will my boss or the company I work with find out that I'm seeing a therapist? It's a fairly small company I work for and I really don't want my boss to know I'm seeing a therapist. The insurance is good and it's through my employer.

Thanks in advance.
Most likely whomever does the paperwork will be the only people that know in your company and they cannot know specificis unless you sign a release nor can they share this info with anyone else. You might want to examine the hippa laws for your area but in most cases the law states that measures must be taken to protect your privacy and there are laws which make it illegal for them to fire you for this reason as well.

here is a link:

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/1ah4i-hipaa-law-allow-realease

·
Registered
718 Posts
I think I agree with Screwjack, the privacy and discrimination laws should protect you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts