Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am a guy. 24. recently unemployed.

i live in the US in the seattle area. i wanted to see if any of you live by so that we might meet up and socialize. i am mostly at home all day and it is driving me nuts.

that's all

·
Registered
389 Posts
Sorry, I live nowhere near Washington. But I understand the being at home all day when trying to find a job. If no one on here replies, force yourself to walk around in public anyway.

·
Just me.
63 Posts
I wish I lived in Seattle. I visited once and had a great time.

Unfortunately, I'm all the way down in Southern California now.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
Well, if I could time travel I'd hang out with you - I moved there when I was 25 and didn't know anybody either. I didn't really meet people until I started going to UW for some art classes a year later.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I had family there many years ago but they're gone and I live in TN.

Otherwise I 'd definitely be open to that. In fact I'm in a similar situation but employed at a isolated from public chemical plant when not at home. The last person I befriended and hung out with from work, broke in my house one day while I was working. Unfortunately unscrupulous types seem to be very common here. Making it difficult to find friends & heightening SA.

Theres bound to be some good people here that are there. You might try meetup.com & check for a similar group in your area. Might click with someone there. Best wishes on employment & all around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts