Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Im new here. Things not going so well right now. My wife just informed me she is unhappy and unsure about her"life's path". We are talking but tonight she is staying at a friends house to be by herself. She says my shyness, timidness and social anxiety turns her off. And she doesnt know what she wants right now. IM going to get help because it is a problem for me, not just her. She is talking and willing to go to counceling with me but Im not sure if she will stay in the end. SHe's very out going and is now, after 10 years together, "tired of my anxieties".
Ive struggled all my life and when I finally met her she accepted me but now, after should hasnt been able to "heal me"(her words) she is rethinking it all. Along wiht her confusion about her "life's path". Ive gone to see my doctor and IM back on PRozac and am making an appt to see a therapist. She says she would go if I ask her but I fear she may just confirm for herself that she wants to leave. I dont know that I can be "outgoing" enough for her or what exaclty she wants be to be. We have a house, no kids. I love her.
my advice, do whatever it takes to start making progress. just keep a positive attitude and be serious with yourself about making a change in your life to handle your anxiety, not let anxiety handle you. and though i'm not married, i did have a six year relationship come to an end mainly due in part to my anxiety. same thing, lived together but no kids. so feel free to pm (private message) me with any questions or ideas or whatever you need. welcome to sas. steve

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.