Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my two kitties in this morning to be fixed. It is strange not having them here. I sometimes think I can hear them making noise. I am also looking down to make sure they don't go down to the basement when I have to go down there. They have to stay overnight. Hopefully the surgery will go all right. I don't trust these doctors up here including the vets. They have some piece of work up here. A coworker said this is the arm pit of the country for medical care.

·
Registered
687 Posts
Hope you see your kitties real soon. It is good to hear you are being a responsible pet owner by making the decision to get them fixed. This summer I heard an animal crying in our carport. I found a very young kitten all by itself. I asked my neighbor if they had a cat that had had kittens and she said, "Uh, I saw some blood but no kittens." These people can't take care of their own kids let alone their pets.

What are their names? Any pictures?

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Permanently bored
2,813 Posts
Just a word of caution, getting cats fixed can have a significant effect on their temperament. We have 2 cats and we got them fixed at 6 months of age. Before that, one of them was very hyperactive (not aggressive though) and would run around chasing toys all day, and the other one was very sedate and was very much a lap cat. After the operation, they behaved completely opposite to the way they did before. The hyperactive one turned into a lap cat and the quiet one wouldn't sit still for 2 minutes. It's almost like they had their brains swapped over!

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got them back this morning. The operation went fine. The only thing I have to make sure the male one doesn't wrestle with the female. I been running after them all day. The female by the way instigates it. Luckily, the vet trimmed all their nails so they won't be as sharp. Hopefully, I won't have to take the female back in to get stitches put back in. I can't believe they have all their energy back. The only thing I noticed they are drinking a lot more water today. They must never drank much since yesterday morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts