Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been dating this guy for a couple of weeks and I noticed he answered a question about me on facebook. It was on a application called friend facts where you answer random questions about your friends. It was about whether or not I would be a good spouse and he said no. It doesn't make any sense. I don't see the point of dating someone you don't think would be a good spouse. He doesn't even know me that well to think that. He could have just skipped answering the question if he didn't know for sure. I thought he liked me and he said he cared about me. But it looks like I was wrong. It is like not only does he not like me, he thinks I won't be able to find anyone else.

· Après moi, le déluge
5,700 Posts
My guess is that the guy didn't want to scare you by saying you'd make a good spouse. If you've only been dating him a short time, he might think you would think he's already thinking about marriage and that it would scare you off. :stu

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

· Registered
146,606 Posts
Eh, it was still wrong to mention that. I would think an answer from him would be appropriate. Until then, you can't really think about what he meant. Only he could give you that answer. :stu

· Registered
8,137 Posts
Only he could give you that answer. :stu
He will give you an answer, if it is the truth or not is another thing.

There are plenty of people who have one-night-stands or want to sleep with as many different people that they can.

· Banned
3,746 Posts
I don't think you can tell a thing from that comment. I will sound as old as I am for saying this, but WTF happened to the notion of privacy. WTF (for clarity's sake, the W in the first WTF is for "what", and in the second, for "why". Carry on) would anyone basically scratch that information on the men's room wall? I'm not saying that makes this guy an idiot. I see outrageous stuff posted in public places. He's hardly unique.

As to what it might mean, I would bet that if you asked 100 happily married couples if they thought their spouse was a good spouse prospect a few weeks into dating him or her, at least half would say "no". We all wonder and have doubts about people we're involved with throughout. The trick is to keep those thoughts as thoughts.

· Done with SA
1,821 Posts
In my opinion, if it's only been a few weeks, he seriously might not know or even be thinking about it deeply. Not too many people think about marrying the person they've only been dating a few weeks. I would think most people don't think about that until months or years into a relationship, but I could be wrong, it's just my opinion.
I think he should answer you, definitely, but he just might not know what to say to your question. I don't think I'd know what to say in that situation, but I'd definitely answer with something.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.