Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran out of deodorant the other day and have been using dove deodorant and it is amazing. I put some on before work last night and smelled good until I took a shower.

I've used degree, axe, old spice and more and after a few hours I'm smelling bad I bring an extra bar in my bag at work just in case. We men are getting ripped off in the deodorant game.

·
slave
4,382 Posts
Lawl, really? I use men's deodorant, actually because I find it's stronger and longer lasting, especially with the antiperspirant ones. Though lately I've been using Certain Dri. The only downside to that one is there's no scent. Sometimes I dab some lavender a couple hours after and it works.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Lawl, really? I use men's deodorant, actually because I find it's stronger and longer lasting, especially with the antiperspirant ones. Though lately I've been using Certain Dri. The only downside to that one is there's no scent. Sometimes I dab some lavender a couple hours after or something and it works.
Is certain dri good at keeping you.. dry? lol. I am using Mitchum right now and it's not doing that great of a job. I've been trying to find something else to try. I'm a bit sweater.

·
slave
4,382 Posts
Is certain dri good at keeping you.. dry? lol. I am using Mitchum right now and it's not doing that great of a job. I've been trying to find something else to try. I'm a bit sweater.
Yeah, it's a pretty strong antiperspirant. It keeps you dry for 72 hours, they said. But the best I've gone is 48 hours without having to reapply.

·
the last song ♥
2,414 Posts
People are going to think somethings wrong with you if they catch you wearing womens deoderant!

·
Banned
4,666 Posts
The deodorants are all the same, I wear men's because it's cheaper and does the same thing.

·
giraffe
8,742 Posts
I like men's bodywash because I like the menthol. You can't really find women's soap with menthol in it.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
Use a salt crystal deodorant after you get out of the shower. Works great!

I don't like most deodorants because they usually have aluminum in them.

·
Registered
10,667 Posts
How can you put deodorant under those hairy armpits? I've used Old Spiced deodorant and I did not like the smell of it. I was so afraid to use it because it says to ask the doc before using it in case you have kidney problems. I was like wtf.

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
They have Dove for men....
Oh and make sure it is anti-persperant/deodorant not just deodorant...

The ingredients for both sexes I'm sure are similar..
Ladies deodorant usually cost a few cents more because of fragrances or pretty packaging...

I think axe is for teen boys... haha
Thanks I know what to look for. I'm not sure if I had anti-persperant or not. Also I don't use axe anymore, I was just listing various kinds I've tried.

Yeah, it's a pretty strong antiperspirant. It keeps you dry for 72 hours, they said. But the best I've gone is 48 hours without having to reapply.
Damn 2 days without reapplying. I need some of that.

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like men's bodywash because I like the menthol. You can't really find women's soap with menthol in it.
What is your favorite brand?

Use a salt crystal deodorant after you get out of the shower. Works great!

I don't like most deodorants because they usually have aluminum in them.
Thanks for the suggestion. I hope it's not more expensive.

How can you put deodorant under those hairy armpits? I've used Old Spiced deodorant and I did not like the smell of it. I was so afraid to use it because it says to ask the doc before using it in case you have kidney problems. I was like wtf.
I don't mind the smell, it wore off way too quickly and I think I had an allergic reaction to old spice as it always made my under arm burn

·
Father, Son & Holyzilla
7,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do your armpits really smell? Mine don't smell that much unless I don't take a shower. I wonder why some people's armpits smell and others don't?
I sweat a lot especially with physical activity. And now that my dog is living with me again, I'm walking/jogging a lot more and yes I do smell. Except when I use women's deodorant.

·
Gentle Impulsion
7,792 Posts
1 - 20 of 35 Posts