Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Introducing myself. "Hi, I'm..." and then seeing where they take the conversation. Sometimes it just ends after they respond but at least then they know they can talk to me. I consider the ball in their court at that point.

·
Registered
331 Posts
keep this in mind. "no one ever knows anybody ever" we only know a glimpse of what they are like.

so with that in mind everyone is a stranger to everyone else.

·
www.morebettersmarts.com
12 Posts
My biggest problem is at conferences or training events. I'm always envious watching the groups form so easily during breaks. Typically I just bring a book.

·
Penguin
4,506 Posts
Ask questions, it puts the onus on the other person to do most of the talking, and people tend to like talking about themselves or stuff they like/know about, whilst it makes it easier on you.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is the number one treatment for social anxiety. You can download the audio series 'overcoming social anxiety step by step by thomas richards' as a torrent or buy it if you have the money. It is the number one treatment for social anxiety. Also getting diagnosed and telling close family/family you trust (I only told my mum) is a good idea. Psychologists help but honestly in my opinion I have got more out of Dr Richards Sessions than 3 private psychologist sessions and 1 cognitive behavioral therapy group plus multiple visits to the dr. You can achieve anything you want with CBT, you can literally, really can completely overcome social anxiety.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts