Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Are you a kind person? Are you generous, or loyal, or loving? Does it make you happy to see others succeed? Are you supportive and non-judgmental? Are you thoughtful and caring? Are you smart and insightful and have opinions? Are you honest and trustworthy? Do you keep your promises? Are you at all empathetic or understanding? Are you patient? Are you humble? Can you keep secrets? Are you respectful? Do you not hold grudges?
I am relentlessly, infuriatingly optimistic that we can all make friends. We may lack many of the superficial qualities that smooth interactions, but I know we are good people with good hearts and good intentions, and that if we don't push people away, they will see it and appreciate it. I think that friendships based on real understanding are more satisfying, more genuine, and more real than friendships based on saying clever things or looking pretty.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.