Votes: 56 45.9%
  • because it makes them think of John Travolta

Votes: 6 4.9%
  • I'm a guy and I DO like to dance

Votes: 23 18.9%
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
529 Posts
I dance around at work if i'm feeling good & the right music is playing. It's pretty private out there especially in the a.m.
I'd like to at a club but really don't want to be a spectacle on stage unless I know what I'm doing & practiced up. The couple times I tried it I felt like an idiot & was told I was to tense. Gee whiz on a stage in a crowd surrounded by a bigger crowd of folks looking, pointing & giggling.
It was always frowned upon to be a wallflower yet how do you learn if you can't observe & who wants to get out there & look a fool.

Now they FINALLY have some vids that show some club dance moves to where you have a idea of some cool stuff to do & all & can get comfortable without being on display I might go to a club again & get out there. I wish this kind of crap was around decades ago. Or had somebody to show me some stuff privately. That's my take on it anyway. Who wants to figure things out in front of a big audience.

I could live without it to though. No huge compulsion to go put on a show.

· Registered
405 Posts
I can't answer for guys at large and I can't agree or disagree that that "the majority of men" don't like to dance, but I generally don't feel any natural inclination to full-body movement when listening to music. As for why not, I could just as easily ask from my perspective why anyone would. That's just the state of things. I'll nod my head and so on, but that never progresses to a level of sophistication or involvement that would generally be considered a dance.

· Registered
6,161 Posts
http://www.lloydianaspects.co.uk/evolve/menwont.html

"If what I have written is all true, then surely men would love dancing, as it is an opportunity to show off to the ladies, and attract mates. No. In any population of men, half the men will be above average at dancing, half will be below average. There is nothing to be gained from advertising to the world that one is below average. Half of all men will shy away from dancing, therefore. Men who are only slightly better than average will risk dancing badly on a bad day, and might not have practised or learned enough of the current cultural dance forms, and so will also be very reluctant to dance. If all the below average men danced not at all, then the worst of the above average would be the worst dancers on the dance floor. It is only the very good dancers who will benefit from dancing. They will enjoy dancing, because they have evolved to get a kick out of dancing well. Men will have inherited from their male ancestors a terror of dancing badly."

My question is why do women try to get you to dance when they know you aren't an outward, dancing kind of guy? I guess it's a disappointment to women. They try to get me in and I'm not into it at all. I will kind of dance to old soul hits in private, though. That may be part of the problem, actually -- I sure as hell do not want to dance to music I don't like, which is what is playing 90% of the time when people are dancing. Even then, I still probably don't want to dance.

· Registered
146,606 Posts
I think Dancing with the Stars here in the United States is kind of showing that ballroom dance can be manly. :)

· Banned
177,635 Posts
I like good dancers I find it intriguing, I myself can't dance at all.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.