Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The one thing I've been dealing with my SAD is that it always comes back. When It's gone life is amazing. People flock towards me cause my positive side is that great (Not trying to sound douchey or cocky at all lol) but everything is just enjoyable and people are great. But so far it seems to always come back after an amount of time. Something always sparks it back even though I know in my head it's not worth it. It's the worst feeling ever knowing "Here goes another week or two until it passes again...".

·
Registered
344 Posts
I think I know what you mean... Sometimes I can be super social and fun, but then something changes and I get dragged down into this shy, anxious, overly contemplative mood. I kinda think it's from being exhausted by socializing... Like I'm subconsciously trying to take a breather, get some alone time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like to think of it that way too at times, if only we were able to control it life would be great lol

·
Simon Says...
1,693 Posts
Yep... I definitely feel that and most of all with OCD where the trouble often is that when you're good you can't imagine ever being bad again (so you become complacent) and when you're bad you can't imagine ever getting better (so you don't try enough).

Still, I'd say even when it does keep coming back... on the whole it comes back less intense as time goes on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's good man. I've thought "what if it never gets better" too, but I know It always does and I never, ever tell myself it wont. It seems like half the time it's when people want to hang out and making plans sucks!

·
Registered
1,947 Posts
if something keeps coming back, then it was never really gone in the first place.

you're describing the rollercoast of anxiety, a common topic on the forum. It can have a number of sources, but a common one is shaky self-confidence and self-doubt. It's also a reminder that SA doesn't go away by itself.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I get where your coming from but I think were on two different pages. Not saying you don't get it but I'm completely anxiety free. Yea something may spark it to come back like doubt or something, but there's times that it's gone

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.