Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off I have social phobia, of course :p, and i'm not keen on substance abuse. The main problem that I can see here is that I don't seem to be on the same frequency as everyone else. There's honestly nothing wrong with me. I just don't feel tuned in, I feel seperate, I feel severed from the connection to other people, even when it seems that i'm making good conversation. It doesn't feel natural, and i'm guessing this is where it starts to build from. I just noticed that either when i'm hyped up on caffeine or buzzed just a little, I feel like i'm more confident or I feel like i'm in that natural groove or frequency, like just where I should be. otherwise I feel that my wheel is a little askew and it's not getting the traction it needs to be on the track like everyon else. Why is this? Maybe some information about the neurobiology of the brain and how alc. or caff. affects it. I'm not sure. Thought I might ask you guys.

·
Registered
690 Posts
You could have some depersonilization/dissociation because that feeling of being disconnected is pretty much those are. Not sure why alchol or caffenine lessens it for you though

·
Cool story, bro!
986 Posts
Alcohol lowers inhibitions. I'm ONLY social when I'm drunk. It's very strange because I am very personable once I've had a few drinks and alot of people like to hang out with me when I'm drunk. I always have people asking me for my phone number when I'm intoxicated because they like how I am and want to hang out more. Unfortunately it gets me in a bad situation because when they see how I really am then it's really unnerving.

If I meet a girl while I'm drunk I feel like I have to be drunk before I can hang out with her again otherwise she won't like the real me.

So yeah, alcohol. Good stuff. Bad stuff too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm the same I find it really hard to get on the same wavelength as "everyone else" unless I know them very well.

When I've had a few drinks its the complete oposite though and I go crazy and have fun and talk to anyone and everyone without thinking about it and people generally like me when im sober or drunk but I only really feel comfortable when drunk.

Saying that I drink very rarley probably only every couple of months or so I'll go out on a night out...

·
Registered
973 Posts
Alcohol lowers inhibitions. I'm ONLY social when I'm drunk. It's very strange because I am very personable once I've had a few drinks and alot of people like to hang out with me when I'm drunk. I always have people asking me for my phone number when I'm intoxicated because they like how I am and want to hang out more. Unfortunately it gets me in a bad situation because when they see how I really am then it's really unnerving.

If I meet a girl while I'm drunk I feel like I have to be drunk before I can hang out with her again otherwise she won't like the real me.

So yeah, alcohol. Good stuff. Bad stuff too.
I could have written that exact same post.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts