Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we should run our lives, we call the shots, why are other's opinions so important to us? i constantly think i should look at other ppl like insects cuz in end they are nothing but still i end up stressin what they think about me, and try hard to make a good impression and all that crap, im pathetic lol

·
Registered
582 Posts
I can understand the stress of worrying about how other people view you. But instead of thinking that other people are inferior a better approach would be to think "I am who i am and if they don't like me or want to change me because of that why should i care? I'm in control of my own life and they are not"

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
thinking less of other people is a weak mindset. People are no better than one-self, and just as them you can feel comfortable in social situations by gradual exposure and social activities. we should take control over our anxiety one step at a time.

Changing your mind-set isnt going to suddenly cure your SAD. Trying to impress others to gain social acceptance isnt going to completely cure it either.
I agree with this. We shouldn't view others as inferior, or superior in terms of inherent value. Rather, I often see people as simply not being able to understand who I really am, and if they don't take the time to do it, it's their loss. You have no obligation to please anyone else, or live up the their standards, just as they have no obligation to live up to yours.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts