Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Starlight and moonbeams
20,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it anxiety? Is it not liking the way you look? Is it not liking the way the other people look?

I am just trying to figure this out. This has happened to me before, and I don't quite understand it.

·
Banned
6,350 Posts
I asked my friend to take down every pic he had of me in HIS album. I just think I should be the one posting pics of me, so I can screen them for approval. I untag myself in every photo also. I even make sure no one can see a tagged photo of me.

·
Registered
120 Posts
When I used to have a facebook I also untagged myself. I just really don't like it when people post pictures of me without it being ok with me first. I also hate being in pictures in general, it's hard enough for me to be in them, so you can imagine how much it bothers me when they're uploaded and tagged.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I really, really don't like being tagged in other people's albums for several reasons:

First, I just don't want photos out there that make me look bad. As in, please stop taking photos of me right after I just got done playing DDR. That's just not cool.

Second, if someone posts a picture of me... everyone in my network sees it. Even if the person who posted it isn't in my network. It makes me anxious to know that literally everyone I know can see this picture that I haven't okayed, from someone that I barely know (or don't know, in some cases).

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
I've done it a lot because I tend to dislike most photos of me. Some people untag themselves in photos where they are drinking/getting drunk (or others are), there's evidence of drugs or partying, doing immature things that seemed really funny at the time, etc. Stuff you wouldn't want your grandma or a potential employer to see, basically.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I hate getting my picture taken, I'm a pro at camera dodging :lol
If I do have a picture taken with friends, I always have to see it first on their camera or tell them to not even think of putting it on Facebook if I haven't seen it yet. The worst is when someone puts a bad group photo of you as their profile picture and won't take it down/crop you out when you ask. I always ask people if they mind me putting certain pictures up, probably because I just worry about it so much myself.

·
Your Average Unicorn
276 Posts
I would say it's just because they don't like the way they look. I untagged myself from a photo once because I wasn't ready to have my photo taken so I looked incredibly moody.

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
Most of the time they don't like the way they look. I do the same thing. My friend tagged a few pictures she did of me once & I un-tagged myself cause I didn't like the way I looked. Got me at an angle where I have a double chin & my gut was sticking out. *shivers*
I know in person I'm on the big side but I only like people online seeing me at my best.. Not worst.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
This was one of the major reasons why I left facebook. It's so rude to put up pictures of others on the internet without asking them let alone highlighting the fact! Insane. It makes it worse when people are all like "eerrr why do you have to be so differcult it's just a picture", "yeah well.. ......you're just a moron so".
I avoid having my pic taken in public now because of this and on top of that I'm not as photogenic as a lot of other people so I don't like the thought of someone seeing a bad angle of me and going "uueegghh" at it. Life is just easier without that in my life.
I think people untag for many a reason, at a guess I'd say largely because they don't want to be "highlighted", I was going to say because they don't want to be seen in a pic with you for the lols but xP

·
Registered
221 Posts
It's always good etiquette to ask permission to tag first, and once you have a rapport/deeper friendship with that person, you can kind of guess more accurately when it's OK to tag or not. Anyway, untagging could be due to any number of reasons and it's almost never personal. I had to really teach myself that.

·
All Kinds of Awesome
1,418 Posts
I wouldn't see it as a problem if someone wanted to untag their photo, but I am not going to ask permission to "tag" in the future. There are any number of reasons why a person doesn't want to be recognized, but I am not going to question or think too deeply about it. I just try to exercise discretion when tagging.

I like being tagged in pictures. It's proof positive that yes, I do sometimes socialize with the other creatures. :b

·
beech plees
1,290 Posts
I hate most photos of myself. I'm one of those people who are pretty much only ok with one out of fifty photos. Some feel that their privacy oughtn't be infringed upon. I'd personally ask people if they'd be ok with my posting their pictures if they're not someone I'm close to.

·
HeavyDirtySøul
5,969 Posts
I always untag photos.. I hate the way I look in them, I only want people to see the pictures I like. I'm pretty sure that's why most people do it. I'm sure it has nothing to do with your friends disliking you or whatever.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't have a facebook account, but I wouldn't want to be tagged, either.

I'd like to be asked if it's okay for me before they go ahead and upload pictures of me and link my profile to them.

This is actually one of the many reasons I don't have a facebook account. You lose control over your personal data. People tend not to give a **** about your privacy. (or their own, for that matter)

·
Silent
346 Posts
I untag myself from a lot of my family's old photo's of me. I look terrible. =/ I also take off the tags from my mothers pictures because she steals them from me without even asking. -.-

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.