Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For instance, my father just called a local radio show, and I about had a panic attack... :rain

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
nada?

·
6,040 Posts
Probably because you felt you were indirectly a part of it cause he is your father. A strong empathy because you are close to him. Or, maybe you were afraid things will somehow go badly for him and that will have some sort of repercussions for you as well. Feeling embarrassed cause people would ask you about it, you will attract unwanted attention and so on.

·
Permanently Baned
2,121 Posts
empathy. lol i cant even watch the office, too many cringe worthy moments.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
blob
1,221 Posts
oh yes, this happens to me too. like my mom was having an awkward moment with the waiter, and i could have just died. this horrible cringing feeling comes over me. i just need to get away from those situations.
i also have to leave the room when my dad makes phone calls. i just cant bare the thought of my dad saying something weird. i feel terribly bad for him, as well as the other person

same thing when my mom or dad order at the drive thru..i will plug my ears and sing lol

·
Registered
105 Posts
If anyone has to anything in front of people, and they do something embarrassing I'll feel embarrassed for them. Usually it's TV-related, like a guest on a talk show or an awards ceremony. But sometimes it'll happen in school or at work, especially if someone says or does something painfully stupid and other people are watching.

·
Seriously , never serious
6,456 Posts
I also do this . For any one I see in a situation I have trouble with my self or if I see they are a bit nervous .
It's not a bad thing .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts