Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel so different from other people, even my family and friends and people close to me.

I just wish this would go away.

There's a lot going on and alot to say but I am trying to keep it simple about how I feel.

Sometimes I find myself just detached from things.

I hope I find people that understand.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
Totally

I understand completley! But you need to talk more, tell us whats going on?? This is the place for it, to vent that is. Let us know whats up so we can help ya...:D

I feel so different from other people, even my family and friends and people close to me.

There's a lot going on and alot to say but I am trying to keep it simple about how I feel.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Yep that's how I have felt especially in the last five years. Like I'm in some bubble floating around in space.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Please bear with me - first time I used this.

Also am I meant to get notifications when someone replies?

Lots going on - at the moment I have no energy to write it all - but basically it's kindve just the way I feel, similar to what a few of you have replied.

It's like when I am with people I I can't seem to just be and to just enjoy myself. It's a circle a viscous one-as I end up not having a lot of friends or I start to feel lonely.

I feel quite sad tonight so please bear with me

·
Registered
320 Posts
hey Nikki welcome to sas, you'll get notifications when someone replies on your message board on your profile or sends you a private message, hope that helps.

·
Registered
24 Posts

I think I understand. I have always felt alone in a crowd. I have never enjoyed myself around other people. Not at parties, gatherings. It's always felt unpleasant.

·
Registered
62 Posts
S.a.d sucks, but you can manage. I know how you feel. Its crazy to not feel truly comfortable even around family. I try to let go. I dont always feel anxious, but sometimes its unavoidable. Youre not alone. There are many good people here who are able to listen to and share s.a.d. experiences.I

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thank you do much guys - feel welcome.

I know lots of people go through this - some people go through it completely alone. A few people know about my experience. I am going to support groups which help a massive amount - however I do find its in my work alot more- I have to admit I find it more comfortable knowing what it is as before I did not have a clue and that made it worse.

I guess I have been ok - however yesterday I met with my boyfriend who does know I have it and has been very supportive, but I found myself to be so uncomfortable yesterday.

We were in the car about to go shopping and all of a sudden I just couldn't do it so i lied and said I didn't feel well and wanted to go Home. He seemed quite annoyed at the beginning before he knew about his own stuff but he is human and has to be able to have good n bad emotions but I really pick up on how others feel and I just felt I couldn't go shopping and out.

But when I said I wasn't well - which I guess I wasn't in some way he didn't get it - I know he's not a mind reader but I just felt so odd and strange at that point.

I told him when I got home n he wA nice and felt bad but I don't know alot of things are confusing me. Not even sure if I can be in a relationship I seem to be so sensitive and I just can't seem to be present or be happy.
I dont know if this makes any sense.

Please private message me if you want to talk to me furthe.

·
Registered
513 Posts

I so totally feel you. I was going to post yesterday about being "detached". I am detached, or "not present" all the time. I float through my days "not present" to the people/world around me. I spend my time up in my head debating things and having conversations. This is not to say that I am talking to myself (but I do do that occasionally) but rather I am debating/discussion what my answer to a question will be - or running "what if" scenarios in my head all at the expense of the moment. Detaching or disassociating is a defense mechanism that I am guessing I learned to use early on to combat the anxiety - even before I knew what "anxiety" was. Now, however - I am stuck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I also sometimes don't feel like a nice person - as in I start to be negative about the people round me

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Nikki05 welcome. :hyper

1 - 20 of 22 Posts