Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Already posted this in another section but figured I'd try here too..I'm desperate.

Ever since about 4 years ago when I had my first panic attack, I've felt this sense of almost being dizzy but I can still keep my balance fairly well and this feeling of being in a dream like state. I know I'm not in a dream but I have to constantly tell myself this. I am always second guessing myself as to whether or not I am truly awake or if I'm going crazy and am hallucinating everything. I also have a HUGE fear that all of a sudden I'm going to just pass out in public or have a seizure for some random reason even with no history of such conditions. I also have a fear that I'm just going to die from nothing... I'm a very healthy person and never had anything seriously wrong with me so I don't understand why I've felt like this for 4 years. Also recently it has been worsening and I find myself unable to even think clearly. My mind is always wandering and I find it almost difficult to complete a sentence/thought. I am an 18 year old male and this started when I was about 14 years old.

I would also consider myself somewhat of a hypochondriac unfortunately. I've read on forums and other blogs that this is all a part of anxiety which I guess kind of makes sense as I am transitioning into college and trying to figure out what i want to do with my life but I'm not the kind of person to worry so much that it affects me like this. I am even starting to lose my appetite because I'm just so worried about these feelings I have had 24/7 for the last 4 years.

My first panic attack was at a new school in a new state and it seemed like only when I went to school these feelings were the strongest. Then it gradually moved to things like work and now its basically just all the time.

I do play video games quite a bit so I've wondered if maybe I'm becoming desensitized from the real world but I've never met a gamer who also feels like this so I'm not really leaning towards that.

I've tried B vitamins like niacin as it worked for a friend of mine, drinking plenty of water and exercising/hobbies and none of them seem to help.

Hopefully anyone out there can help me out I'd appreciate it more than anything. I'm honestly to the point where I'd give up anything just to feel normal again and feel like I can enjoy the things I used to without the fear of feeling like this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried explaining to him about a year or so ago during a physical and he gave me the funniest look and just moved on...

I guess a better way to explain it is like a brain fog. But when I go on a long run or bike ride or anything that exerts a lot of physical energy, I feel worse and even more worn down.

·
Banned
95 Posts
I tried explaining to him about a year or so ago during a physical and he gave me the funniest look and just moved on...

I guess a better way to explain it is like a brain fog. But when I go on a long run or bike ride or anything that exerts a lot of physical energy, I feel worse and even more worn down.
Doctors are so ignorant when it came to treating me. Not saying you have candida overgrowth but its a possibility and all the other people on the curezone forums said there doctors just laugh at them and give them some crappy "medicine"

·
Cheap, fast, good-pick 2
174 Posts
Doctors have a bad habit of not taking you seriously if you didn't make an appointment specifically for that problem. You need to make an appointment specifically for these problems. It's important to have a list of symptoms you experience. Try to keep in mind when they happen and for how long.

Try to find exact terms to describe your symptoms-
http://www.webmd.com/brain/tc/dizziness-lightheadedness-and-vertigo-topic-overview

Remember if your family doctor doesn't help get a second opinion, nobody should brush off questions of mental health like that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts