Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Be yourself!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watched with every thing I do, like who ever it is expects me to be a creeper or something. It makes me feel extremely uncomfortable while all I am trying to do is have someone to talk to.

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
I also have the fear that I'm living under a microscope. I'm the only person I have nearly concrete evidence that is perceiving/suffering my own private pains, and everything else may be a pre-defined make believe life game for all I know.

·
Be yourself!
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes indeed, it drives me crazy. It is like everyone I know is in on it and none of them will just open up to me and tell me what's going on. Am I crazy? This is not constant, it comes and goes. Bit it makes it very tough to trust anyone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a theory that social anxiety is somehow genetically linked to a personality trait of extreme Introspection. We are so focused looking in on ourselves from the outside that it becomes impossible to just relax in our own bodies and look out with purpose and passion.

I think a key ingredient to feeling comfortable in your own skin is to have enough self-esteem to simply let go of those negative thoughts that we place on ourselves.

Self-esteem building is a crucial step towards making progress in this area of "all eyes on me" syndrome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts