Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont know why I feel this way..but everytime I try to socailize and talk to people..I get really tense and all of sudden..Forget what i was going to say..I mean I dont act like this with everyone..just people Im not very close too..I look at my sister and shes all confident And carries herself well..Me on the other hand..I feel kinda awkward when i talk to people..I guess i get afraid Of how they judge me..does anyone else feel this way?:|

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
yea it sucks so bad, i think i need to learn how to socialize with people, like say things like " oh yea thats cool man" "i seriously think ive never carried a conversation before on my own, i just ask questions and say " yeah" i gotta do something now!

·
Banned
2,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same here..I've never been able to carry a convo by myself either..i just let the other person do all the talking..AHHH its really anoyying tho ..i needa change

·
Registered
67 Posts
I think we need to start focusing on the other person and what they are saying, instead of on ourselves and how awkward we feel. The more you say to yourself "i'm awkward in this situation" the more that will become true. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Focus on what they are saying and ignore the anxiety thoughts that come. :]

·
Registered
56 Posts
when i talk to ppl, sometimes i have to think all the words through before actually saying it because i don't wanna embarrass myself by saying the wrong thing.
and that just made things worse cuz i feel even more nervous and awkward...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think we need to start focusing on the other person and what they are saying, instead of on ourselves and how awkward we feel. The more you say to yourself "i'm awkward in this situation" the more that will become true. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Focus on what they are saying and ignore the anxiety thoughts that come. :]
yea i agree with the self fulfilling prophecy thing...i go to into a situation thinking, "this is gonna turn out bad" or "im gonna be so awkward and make a fool out of myself", then its all the negative thinking that makes it come true...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts