Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed on this forum especially a plethora of cat related pictures donned by females. One of my ex coworkers had a bunch of pictures of her cat too in her work area. Are women just more likely to turn into crazed cat owners? :eyes

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
ever notice the smell of a clean cat? a cat that regularly cleans itself always has this fragrant, lovely little aroma. how do they do that with just their spit? it's amazing.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I dunno, because they're cute? If I had an animal as an avatar, though, it would be either a wolf or a dog :D.

·
i aten't dead
1,499 Posts
ever notice the smell of a clean cat? a cat that regularly cleans itself always has this fragrant, lovely little aroma. how do they do that with just their spit? it's amazing.
UGH! My cat regularly cleans herself, so I just sniffed her :)um that's not as strange as it sounds) and she really doesn't smell nice :|:blank

·
Registered
279 Posts
Heh, I always see a lot of cat avatars on forums, but I never realized they were particular amongst female members. I like cats myself. Always have, always will. I used to have a cat, but she had to be put down about 2 years ago due to kidney failure. I hope to get another one once I'm finished with school and have a new apartment.

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
incidentally, and maybe this should be in another thread of its own, but how *do* you all deal with the death of pets? I'd like to get a cat in the near future, but knowing that it's likely it will die in about 12 - 14 years and that I will have to deal with that - that puts me off. Seriously, I'm not sure if I can put myself through that. How do you all manage it?

·
Who drank my vodka??
355 Posts
Pet death is rough. It's worse when it's sudden and unexpected (which is how my 2 yr old went when she died of renal tumors) But the joy and memories stay with you

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
They don't. I don't. I don't particularly like cats.

The only person I know using a picture of their cat as their profile picture on facebook is male.

I'm staying at my sister's, and she has a cat, but I'm not going to try to smell her. She keeps sticking her face near mine, like when I'm lying down, and it freaks me out.

·
Registered
435 Posts
incidentally, and maybe this should be in another thread of its own, but how *do* you all deal with the death of pets? I'd like to get a cat in the near future, but knowing that it's likely it will die in about 12 - 14 years and that I will have to deal with that - that puts me off. Seriously, I'm not sure if I can put myself through that. How do you all manage it?
It's hard to deal with their death, but their companionship makes it all worth it. I couldn't imagine not having a pet.

I'm a girl and I use my dog as my avatar. I like cats but I love dogs.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I loss my 14yr old doggy 18months ago.. we were like glue. She started to slow down during her last year, I had to build a ramp for her to get onto my bed as she could no longer jump up or down. She was everything to me and I miss her so much. It was hard when she got so ill she struggled to breathe, get out of bed or eat. But I couldn't see her in pain and took her to the vet and he said she had a number of issues that would only get worse. I didn't want her to suffer any more and she was struggling. It was all so sudden.. standing there in the vet and he finishes talking and you have to make the call, I haven't even thought that it could be something that couldn't get better.. like he'd give her something and she'd be fine again. So with his suggestion and standing there with him waiting for an answer that really $%^#ing sucked the life out of me. He asked me if I wanted a minute with her but I couldn't I just had to get out of there before the tears hit.. quick hug, payed and left. I don't even know if I've really let go, grieved or if I ever will. Her stuff is still sitting on the sofa in the back room like she will come home. Guess it's a part of having a pet, sucks but inevitable. :/

Why do females always have cat related avatars or pictures? *looks at my avatar* ... ...... *reads thread title again* ... ....... *looks at my avatar* ....lol wut?

1 - 20 of 64 Posts