Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have two dogs and sometimes i play around with them when they are laying on their bed. i lightly tap the side of the bed with my foot and they start to growl and lunge at me. why is that?

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
I think they see it as their little safe haven-territorial-Be sweet to the doggies!!

·
Registered
10,525 Posts
Well if you came kick my bed when I was laying in it I probably would growl at you too esp if it is early in the morning.:lol

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
*Waits til 2:00 am and kicks nubly's bed.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Well if you came kick my bed when I was laying in it I probably would growl at you too esp if it is early in the morning.
What Copper said :D

My oldest dog sometimes goes crazy if you scrach an upholstered chair. I don't if it is the sound or if it is because she often sleeps behind the chairs. She has other random moments of craziness. Sometimes my younger dog will be minding her own business and the older one will attack her. It's not a serious attack that draws blood or anything like that. I think she is just trying to show who is boss. A don't mess with the crazy unpredictable dog kind of thing :D

I remember a video of a little dog that attacked anyone who went near the dish washer :D It might have been on Amazing Animal Videos

·
Registered
428 Posts
Dogs don't like to be distrubed when they're sleeping. My little dog growls at me all the time if I move around too much in bed and disturb her 'cause she lays right next to me. Maybe they think you're kicking at them. I had a dog when I was kid, and the neighbor would kick her if she went in their yard. She got to where she would attack people's shoes if they got too close to her, but other than that she was a super sweetie.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Weird. I can do anything with my dog and he doesn't care. I could lay right across him when he is on his bed and he would be happy.

Then again, I have a pug and they are people obsessed (I am his 2nd favorite thing in the world, second only to food!). Pugs need to be with you whenever you are at home. He sleeps in my bed under the covers with me and he is on my lap as I type this... yeah I can't see him ever caring if I kicked his bed. He'd just think that was an invitation to sit on my lap!

·
dazed and confused
960 Posts
Weird. I can do anything with my dog and he doesn't care. I could lay right across him when he is on his bed and he would be happy.

Then again, I have a pug and they are people obsessed (I am his 2nd favorite thing in the world, second only to food!). Pugs need to be with you whenever you are at home. He sleeps in my bed under the covers with me and he is on my lap as I type this... yeah I can't see him ever caring if I kicked his bed. He'd just think that was an invitation to sit on my lap!
Aaawww, that's so cute :) Pugs are adorable. I used to have a Jack Russell who would insist on sleeping under the covers with me, which was okay except for when she was having one of her bouts of flatulence :eek:. She would go everywhere with me, even to the bathroom LOL.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well its not that they are sleeping. they are just laying there. i think its a dog trait; meaning that all dogs hate having their beds kicked. or maybe its not that they dislike having their bed kicked but they dislike having a foot being lunged at them. i think i'll try that tonight

·
Registered
289 Posts
And it would be well deserved, imo.

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Their bed is the one place that is all their's. They only have to share it with each other. When you kick it you are invading their territory. Even the lowest member of the pack will stand up to the alpha male when their space is invaded.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
My dog would sleep anywhere, but he would usually be seen sleeping against one of us. He would plop down against me, and then nudge - I could tell he was moving to get a better position :lol - and then sleep. He liked being around people.

·
breaking free
2,171 Posts
Would you like it if your dog kicked your bed? Don't think so, lol.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:lol i dont kick their bed when they are sleeping. im just playing around with them. a few months ago, i was too lazy to bend down and move the bed over so i just used my foot to scoot the bed to the side. then when she growled at me i tried it with the other dog and she did the samething

1 - 20 of 20 Posts