Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
The Tragic Princess
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is from the prayer "Now I'll lay me down to sleep" and a mix but more mainly from the AFI song Girl's Not Grey :yes They're my favorite band and I just use illlaymedown for pretty much every site since no one usually has it.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Because I can relate to him on a number of levels, and I was feeling brave. Since then I keep learning more and more interesting and relate-able things about him.

Also, it's nearly impossible to google and get my SAS posts.

·
Registered
18,888 Posts
It's what I was doing when I first signed up (didn't make my first post until a year later).

I think the name still applies though, because that's the way life tends to be for me.. I feel like I'm more of an outside observer of the social world than I am a participant.

:lurk

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I have had my username since 1999, outlasting my GeoCities site (RIP 10/26/09).
I am trying to become a new man for the millennium. And, I was born in 1975.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
I'm a techie, actually getting my degree in Computer Science in March '99. I knew we would be fine. :lol

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
After this song:

Cmon polluted eyes balls, stop scouting the field
jump up bright paper werewolves, and everybody and everyone
anyone can scratch, anyone can win, so pull up another batch

they want to get out of here, but they can't find the exits
they cling to the cinemas and they can't find security
Then they finally get recognized, so they left in obscurity and misery

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
I usually use something related to my name. When I wanted to find something more anonymous, I started getting random word entries from the OED. It gave me "pomegranate", which I didn't want to use, so I chose another fruit. I sometimes feel really weird about using the name of a fruit, though . . . I ended up switching to a new last.fm account because of that.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Darn. Can't tease you now. :(
Well, I did a report on the Y2K bug. :duck
Older computer programs saved money by not using the extra memory for the first two digits. Newer ones were already in most computers. There were whole consortiums on the subject as far back as 1994!

I started college in 1993 - I remember having to buy a 3 1/2" floppy drive for my home computer because the school only had those kinds :lol. I still had the 5 1/4" kind back then.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts
Just a word I've used for a bunch of usernames. No real significance. Pretty boring, right? But it does happen to be a palindrome, easy to remember, and hard to search for. So it works for me.

·
Socially Anxious Mets Fan
208 Posts
i'm a huge met fan and i've been using this name for many years now on the internet. i also knew people when i was much younger who would call me "mr. met" because i was such a big fan, and it just kind of stuck.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Well, I did a report on the Y2K bug. :duck
Older computer programs saved money by not using the extra memory for the first two digits. Newer ones were already in most computers. There were whole consortiums on the subject as far back as 1994!

I started college in 1993 - I remember having to buy a 3 1/2" floppy drive for my home computer because the school only had those kinds :lol. I still had the 5 1/4" kind back then.
I remember all that too :D The floppies that were the size of DVD's and barely even held a megabyte or two.

I started early (12-13) and I did go to college for CIS, but I dropped out because I didn't want to wait for the computer classes.

I remember how they told us that our major was so valuable. They conveniently forgot about the internet and third world countries though. Although, maybe that affects freelance programmers more then corporate.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts