Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are just there to get the job done. Period. Whatever else happens is history that keeps other bored coworkers talking, while the next day it's just the same as always, same routine, same pay, same ****. Coworkers should never be a reason why we would wanna leave the job. As long as it doesn't interfere with your tasks then who the hell cares? Why do we care so much what our coworkers think? **** them.

·
Custom User Title
4,231 Posts
Because teamwork is paramount.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I ask myself the same question and start my morning with the same attitude. However by 1pm, I am soo overwhelmed with this feeling of just running away, that the fact that those people are really not a part of my life seems like a faraway idea. It is not even that they talk behind my back or are extremely rude to me, but they are extremely selfcentered, lazy, attention-seeking, think they own the world and they ***** about how difficult their life is all day.

Really every single afternoon, I am shouting 'shut the f... up!!!' in my head many many times.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
I wish I could find some place where I can ignore my co-workers and just work! I don't care what they think of me, I've developed a thick skin and ways to cope with SA better over the years. It's more the case of them "not ignoring me" and trying to make my work time hell for their own amusement.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
We are just there to get the job done. Period. Whatever else happens is history that keeps other bored coworkers talking, while the next day it's just the same as always, same routine, same pay, same ****. Coworkers should never be a reason why we would wanna leave the job. As long as it doesn't interfere with your tasks then who the hell cares? Why do we care so much what our coworkers think? **** them.
I used to hate when the job I worked at stressed socializing and getting along with our coworkers. Teamwork is one thing, making the Christmas party a requirement is another. And that is true, coworkers should never be a reason to leave a job but many times, that is the main reason someone leaves and it is sad.

·
Banned
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used to hate when the job I worked at stressed socializing and getting along with our coworkers. Teamwork is one thing, making the Christmas party a requirement is another. And that is true, coworkers should never be a reason to leave a job but many times, that is the main reason someone leaves and it is sad.
I tell you. Right now I'm at a job where I wanna stay because of a coworker but I wanna leave because of others, when my whole reason for being there should not revolve around ANY of them at all. The sad part is when we get too involved with coworkers and tell our personal life out of boredom. I found myself making this mistake, but I'm definitely learning from it. So I'm taking this as an experience when I have my future career job, which will be more crucial than this temporary side job.

1,495 Posts
Yes, I've learnt you should never get "too close" to co-workers. I get along fine with mine, you spend 8 hours or more per day around the same people, you HAVE to get along, not necessarily be bffs but be able to share a joke or two. Luckily they aren't anal about staff functions or 'team bonding' exercises. Phew

1,934 Posts
You really shouldn't get too close to coworkers. You should also keep a line drawn between coworkers and friends. You shouldn't expect coworkers to be friends. In fact, it would be better if coworkers weren't. If you're competing for a promotion or a raise, or whatever, it just goes against friendship.

In my line of work there's no such thing as a promotion or a raise, but for others there might be.

After an unfortunate experience I've had, I believe in keeping my work life and personal life separate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts