Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
When you say yes, you emb
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always had a problem making and keeping friends and boyfriends. The worst part is that I don't know why or what I do wrong. I try to talk to people first and start conversations, but it doesn't usually go any further than a few conversations and texts. I be nice to people and try to be there for them, but I'm usually always the one calling/texting first or trying to make plans first. Does anyone have any advice that could help me?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Friendships usually develop naturally through common interests, so we need to be selective with the types of people we choose to befriend and not try to force it. In other words, not everyone is going to like you.

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Are you physically attractive or lacking in that department?

Because it seems to me that the people around here who are physically attractive still have friends and relatively normal lives. They come here because they may have a bit of social anxiety, but in reality, other than panic attacks in certain situations, they're fine.

The "uglier" you are around here, the more likely is that you don't have friends.

·
When you say yes, you emb
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
guess again...

See that's the thing, I am not unattractive either... I get anxiety when in large groups of people so I turn down invites to parties and things like that... When I try to make friends, they don't understand that and think I'm just blowing them off because I don't like going to places with a lot of people... So when I try to make other plans instead of that, it doesn't workout... Any other ideas?

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
See that's the thing, I am not unattractive either... I get anxiety when in large groups of people so I turn down invites to parties and things like that... When I try to make friends, they don't understand that and think I'm just blowing them off because I don't like going to places with a lot of people... So when I try to make other plans instead of that, it doesn't workout... Any other ideas?
Start saying "yes"?

I'm the same way. I just had a girl from class wanting to catch up and hang out sometime...

About 99.999% of the time, I'd say no. However, with her I said we should go out Saturday because I've shot down her hinted invites a gagillion times.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts