Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im very new to this site and find that this seems like a good place to talk with people like myself. Im 26 had two boyfriends and was treated like trash by th both. They would tell me they never wanted me from the get go. One even called me awful names all the time. And prett much by most people i meet. I feel i am a nice lady i dont make waves i think before i speak. But when people talk to me its critisim. It like im an easy target cuz im shy and they know i wont stick up for my self.Thats another topic. Anyway im tired of being put down by people i dont even want a relationship with and the ones i would like a realtionship with dont want me. I have low self esteem and this just makes it worse.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
To be fair, you get people like that everywhere who will make you feel crap/treat you like dirt.

You say "never wanted me from the get go", if you knew that you should of walked away at the start. Instead of staying with them and being called awful names.

The first step is giving yourself some credit. As I mention in my first line, there are a lot of people out there who will treat others like dirt.... However there are also a lot of people who would be happy to have you... it's just about finding those people

·
Registered
988 Posts
Simple enough, you go for jerks. And in all likelihood you'll continue that trend.
Another way at looking it is that she's attracted to confidence, given her low self-esteem and shyness that's what attracts her because it's something she desires.

However her confidence is found upon poorly-matched partners.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts

·
Registered
10,831 Posts
Im very new to this site and find that this seems like a good place to talk with people like myself. Im 26 had two boyfriends and was treated like trash by th both. They would tell me they never wanted me from the get go. One even called me awful names all the time. And prett much by most people i meet. I feel i am a nice lady i dont make waves i think before i speak. But when people talk to me its critisim. It like im an easy target cuz im shy and they know i wont stick up for my self.Thats another topic. Anyway im tired of being put down by people i dont even want a relationship with and the ones i would like a realtionship with dont want me. I have low self esteem and this just makes it worse.
I know how you feel. I don't believe I have low self-esteem. I just don't like arguing or fighting with people. And if someone asks me for something, if I can do it, I'll do it. The result is I've been treated horribly by certain people.

The thing that I have come to understand about people is that most people are only well behaved when they are afraid. For example, without fear of incarceration most people would steal and commit other crimes. It's a minority of people who behave well out of a good conscience.

This is true in relationships too. Most people will only respect you if they are afraid of how you will react if they cross your boundaries. Once they figure out that your'e not the kind of person who will yell, curse them out or beat them up they'll walk right over you. They'll treat you like crap.

The solution is to either stick to genuinely good people or to learn to defend yourself socially. I would suggest a little of both.

I recommend that you be extremely discerning where it comes to the character of the men you get involved with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts